First time on Conquest- have some questions

SLL

We are still several weeks from our cruise. What are the pros and cons about the two restaurants, Renoir & Monet? As of right now, it shows that we have 6:15 (I think) dinner time. But I don't know which restarant that is in. Also, is it possible to get a table for 2. We like being around other people, but at dinner time we thought it would be nice to be alone (celebrating anniversary). Unforntunitly, we can not afford The Point:(. Of course we might think about having a private dinner on our balcony one night, but I don't think room service is like a regular meal, right?

event.png

We are still several weeks from our cruise. What are the pros and cons about the two restaurants, Renoir & Monet? As of right now, it shows that we have 6:15 (I think) dinner time. But I don't know which restarant that is in. Also, is it possible to get a table for 2. We like being around other people, but at dinner time we thought it would be nice to be alone (celebrating anniversary). Unforntunitly, we can not afford The Point:(. Of course we might think about having a private dinner on our balcony one night, but I don't think room service is like a regular meal, right?

The Monet is in the stern of the ship, you tend to feel a little more movement. One plus for this dinning room was that there are rest rooms right outside the dinning room. Last April we had the 6:15 seating in the Renoir Resturant. We had a window seating for our group of seven & loved it. Keep in mind though that the early seatings usually have more children.

The restaurants are the same for everything except for the location. The Renior dining room is mid-ship and Monet is aft. The 6:15 dining time would be in the Renior.

After you board, go to the dining room and check where your table is. If it is not a table for two, ask the matre'd if he can arrange for you one. If there is a possibility, he will be able to do it for you. They always want to see you happy.

Cindy

at the 5:45 time...

We loved it because it left the entire evening free to do anything we wanted.

Ironically...we had a table for four, but the other two assigned to our table never came the whole week, so we had a private table after all.

Also...Monet has the windows, and the last two days even if you do not sit at the windows, the sun sets directly behind the ship. I think if you request it, you can get near the windows.

My husband and I also prefer to dine alone. Upon boarding this is the first thing we do, check out our table assignment and visit with the matre'd and get it changed if we are at a large table. We have never initially been seated at a table for two, but never have had a problem getting it changed, but I recommend going to the dining room right away after boarding. Most of the time the maitre'd is only in one of the dining rooms, so you may have to track him down.

The table on the balcony is not one where you can sit at it to eat. Its a small parson table.

You could go to the buffet and get it to go--take it back to your cabin. or order room service-- very limited and there is no hot foods on there.

on our last cruise we had dinner served in our room. It was the same as dining room. We told room steward it was anniversary and he told us to call room service and tell them what we wanted and the time we wanted it. It was just as hot and tasty as any dinner we had in dining room. We also had hot breakfast delivered to us. This was on RC. I have never sailed Carnival and thought they should be the same.

Royal has select itmes for room service. Carnival does not.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/114576414/114576414PfSdSF

what you see is what you get for Carnival-- you can order by the numbers.

when ordering room service please dont forget to order condiments.

Want mustard or mayo--request it or the sandwhich comes dry.

State if you want chips or pretzels... creamers and sugars with coffee, etc.

Renoir and Monet do have tables for 2 - but they are far removed away from the windows - If you want a window view, you will be seated at a large table. . . . trade offs. . . . The 6:15 seating seemed to have all of the screaming two year olds at it - I would change to the later seating if it is just for two adults. Just my $.02 worth.

Room Service on Carnival has nothing more than cold sandwiches, and a few desserts - you would definately be better off going to the buffet and bringing food back to your cabin.

Archived