Anthem Show Times

Dining is open for an Anthem sailing Spring next year. I'm trying to determine show times prior to booking dining.

Any idea on the show times?

Can I make my own dynamic dining by reserving different restaurants each night? I understand DD is going away this month. I was looking forward to it.

Dining is open for an Anthem sailing Spring next year. I'm trying to determine show times prior to booking dining.

Any idea on the show times?

Can I make my own dynamic dining by reserving different restaurants each night? I understand DD is going away this month. I was looking forward to it.

The restaurants will all serve the same food, so picking specific restaurants should not even be possible. If the website does allow picking specific restaurants, I would guess this is because they haven't modifed the website yet, and would have no effect.

We will be in Anthem in march and chose the late traditional dining (8:30) We made reservation for shows after and before this time, considering the shows duration and it was perfect for us, just in time for the shows and for the dinner times :)

Edited by framboesa

The only way you can do your own Dynamic Dining is by paying extra for the specialty restaurants to eat at a different place each night.

The way I understand it, is that they will assign each room/party one set Main Dining Room that they have to eat at every night of their cruise. Two dining rooms will be used for Traditional dining, and two dining rooms will be used for My Time Dining. All of the main dining rooms will have the same menu.

I just made us reservations for the MDR every night at 6. It didnt say which dining room we would be assigned to yet.

Edited by jetta8300

Would love some clarification on this.

I was originally booked for 8:30 dining. I requested my time dining and they said I was on a wait list.

I checked my reservation today and see I am now listed as My Time Dining. Where do I actually eat? LOL

What are the dining rooms that are considered main dining rooms?

If I was not doing specialty dining is that where I go for dinner?

These dining rooms take the place of the customary large dining rooms on other ships?

Thanks.

Would love some clarification on this.

I was originally booked for 8:30 dining. I requested my time dining and they said I was on a wait list.

I checked my reservation today and see I am now listed as My Time Dining. Where do I actually eat? LOL

What are the dining rooms that are considered main dining rooms?

If I was not doing specialty dining is that where I go for dinner?

These dining rooms take the place of the customary large dining rooms on other ships?

Thanks.

Your SeaPass card should show your dining room.

Your SeaPass card should show your dining room....

...which you won't see until you get to your cabin. Oh, I doubt anything will be listed on the card - MTD is reported to be on deck 4 on Anthem but none of this will be confirmed (and may still be subject to change with subsequent sailings) until the first sailing without DD on 11/27.

We will be in Anthem in march and chose the late traditional dining (8:30) We made reservation for shows after and before this time, considering the shows duration and it was perfect for us, just in time for the shows and for the dinner times :)

I have looked on the Royal site thinking I could make show reservations for the Anthem. We go April 29. I noticed you could make them for March. Does anyone know when April will be open to book for shows.

We have my time dining and have never had a problem showing up and getting a seat, so I don't make dining reservations.

I have looked on the Royal site thinking I could make show reservations for the Anthem. We go April 29. I noticed you could make them for March. Does anyone know when April will be open to book for shows. ...

There is no set time for reservations to open.

We have my time dining and have never had a problem showing up and getting a seat, so I don't make dining reservations.

You might want to for Anthem as she has a much smaller MDR in proportion to the number of guests on board than just about any other ship.

I just got back from the Anthem about 3 weeks ago. There are four dining rooms because they were doing the Dynamic Dining which is now effectively dead. Now, from what I hear, those dining rooms are now just regular dining rooms like the MDR in any other ship. All four will have the same menu and I suspect 2 will be MTD, and 2 will be set dining times.

Shows. There are two kinds of shows onboard. One, the "normal" shows which show twice, once for early and once for late seating. The second kind of shows, reservations must be made. These are the Featured shows, like We will Rock you, Spectra's Cabaret and The Gift.

It is still possible to get seats for them without reservations, but they will only let you in the theater 15 minutes before the show starts. Prior to that, only those with reservations will be allowed to enter to get seats. They will scan all cards upon entry.

Thanks for the information on MTD. Do you have to have checked in before you can see show reservations? I usually do the check in about 2 months before leaving, but I can do it now if that is the reason I don't see the shows for making reservations.

Thanks for the information on MTD. Do you have to have checked in before you can see show reservations? I usually do the check in about 2 months before leaving, but I can do it now if that is the reason I don't see the shows for making reservations.

No relationship between checking-in and the ability to make dining, show, excursion, etc., reservations.

Our show schedule was 9:00 or 10:15 for the 'regular shows' in the theatre. A couple were good, but............entertainment has sure changed.

Have a good cruise. Remember, the dining rooms are much smaller than the traditional ones........2 for traditional dining and 2 for my time dining. Not the same feeling anymore.