Regal balcony help

PH8

Second time cruising Princess....last time was on Caribbean Princess.

Came on here to ask for your suggestions which balconies might be best on Regal...Now I am turning to you again for help.

Not sure if there are any balconies like we had on CP(half covered,half uncovered)...That was the best!!

So what do you suggest??? I do prefer cover over uncovered,if I could only have one.

Thanks in advance..

Came on here to ask for your suggestions which balconies might be best on Regal...Now I am turning to you again for help.

Not sure if there are any balconies like we had on CP(half covered,half uncovered)...That was the best!!

So what do you suggest??? I do prefer cover over uncovered,if I could only have one.

Thanks in advance..

The Royal class ships are not tiered up the sides like the other classes of ships. So essentially, all the balconies are fully covered by the ones above, with the exception of fully aft balconies, fully forward facing balconies and a few along the sides that are half and half such as E101-110 or E125 or 130.... The vast majority of balconies are 9x4, so smaller than previous classes of ships also - but again, there are exceptions such as those listed above, the ones midship under either the Seawalk or Seaview Bar, etc..

Thanks in advance..

No there is not and the balconies on the Regal are very small for the most part.

We were in E107 on the Regal. It is considered an obstructed deluxe balcony since it is built into the hull. The balcony was huge and half covered/half uncovered. We enjoyed this balcony very much even though you didn't have much of a view when seated.

We did feel movement being towards the front of the ship, but we enjoy that. It was very quiet, but a little bit of a hike to the stairs/elevator. Since this cabin was less expensive than a standard balcony cabin when we booked, we felt we got a good deal!

We just booked a midship balcony under the Seawalk where balconies are wider. Ours angles forward so hopefully that will give us a nicer view as well. We know that there's an issue with privacy on higher balconies closer to the Seawalk, so we booked on one of the lower decks to minimize privacy issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks in advance..

If you want any privacy, get as far away as possible from the skywalks on either side!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never been on the Regal or Royal but we booked 3 mini suites in a row (March 10) and typically like to have all the connecting doors on the balconies open. I presume this is possible on the Regal? Also, with the smaller balconies is it still possible to do Ultimate Balcony dining or have several people outside for drinks? Can you have more than 2 chairs on one balcony? Just wondering how tiny these are. First world problems. Thanks all.:)

Never been on the Regal or Royal but we booked 3 mini suites in a row (March 10) and typically like to have all the connecting doors on the balconies open. I presume this is possible on the Regal? Also, with the smaller balconies is it still possible to do Ultimate Balcony dining or have several people outside for drinks? Can you have more than 2 chairs on one balcony? Just wondering how tiny these are. First world problems. Thanks all.:)

Yes, you can open the barriers in between under normal conditions..

The balconies are 9x4 feet. Plenty of people have reported enjoying the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with no problems for two, four may be tight...you can fit a few people comfortably while standing. But extra chairs or siting down, not so much....Lots of pictures of the balconies on here, or quick Google search or YouTube search....

Enjoy..