Tender times

CruiseLovah82

Our itinerary has us in Grand Cayman from 7:30a to 3p and in Belize 8a to 5p shiptime. Where do I find the time for the last tender back to the ship? Is it a set time or does it vary?

No problem with Cayman, but Belize is a very long ride, so plan accordingly. There will be signs.

Our itinerary has us in Grand Cayman from 7:30a to 3p and in Belize 8a to 5p shiptime. Where do I find the time for the last tender back to the ship? Is it a set time or does it vary?

For us it's normally been 30 minutes before sailing time in Grand Cayman and 45 minutes in Belize for the last tender.

It can and sometimes does vary.

It can be both. Almost always a pre-determined set time, but may be changed if the situation warrants.

I just did this a few weeks ago. In Grand Cayman the last tender will be 2:45 and in Belize it will be about 4:00. You are supposed to be ON the ship 30 mins prior to sailing, not just boarding a tender.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Be in line well before 4 pm if you are not booked on a Carnival excursion. If 500 people are trying to take a 4 pm tender, that's not logistically possible...and if not on a Carnival excursion, they will leave you.

On one of our early cruises, this exact thing happened. Our tablemates booked an independent trip for tubing. They were not clear with the guides that they needed to be back on the ship at 4:30 SHIPS time for 5 pm departure (and with the whole daylight savings time thing, there was an hour difference, which translated to 3:30 pm BELIZE time:eek:). Then, when they realized the error and were trying to hustle back, their transportation broke down. With all the crowds, they didn't get a tender til about 5:30; and the ONLY reason they made it on the ship was there were people from a Carnival excursion on the tender whose shore excursion had also run late. They did a quick rinse and showed up to dinner about 6:15 and ship didn't pull up anchor until we were all seated and eating dinner. They fully admitted they got lucky and lesson learned!