First Experience With On Board Medical Staff

cruzeluver

I just have to ask? Did you get charged for the cost of the ring? Was it one of the bargain ones or one behind the locked glass door?

The ring was one I already owned. Had purchased it years before in St. Maarten. It was not particularly expensive as it was a silver setting. I still have the stone and plan to have it re-set in a new ring (a size larger! :D ).

Only time I went to the Medical Center was when we embarked in Rome---first stop 2 days away in Barcelona. I opened my suitcase and found that I'd left my meds on the vanity at home! I went to the Med Cen, gave them my tale of woe, showed my list of (5) meds. The nurse nicely explained that--due to regs-- they HAD to take my blood pressure. After that she found generics for all 5, and gave me 14 of each. At that point I began remembering horror stories of $$$$$$$ charges, but I needed the meds. I almost kissed her when she presented the bill for the meds plus the BP------------$37.00! I couldn't buy them for that price at Walmart! I didn't care if they were black market drugs from Mexico, I was ecstatic! Only problem is that for our last 16 cruises my wife asks me, "Did you remember to pack your Meds?" at least a dozen times before we leave!!!

Ok I went and after standing for 1 1/2 I left. I was unable to sit because I was in so much pain from back. I had a bad back to start with but hurt it during the cruise. I ended up taking the pain pills I had till I got back home. The reason the wait was taking so long they were seeing crew. I think the crew should have a time set aside to be seen.

I think that would depend on the urgency. I think as in any hospital they should triage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app