Production show question for recent Liberty cruisers

LindaJSteele

Worst thing I have ever seen in my life... worse than a high school musical because at least HS kids are trying, and they are kids. We actually got up and walked out on the second one...bad singing, bad dancing, bad choreography, bad show themes, songs that went on and on and on and on... uggghh. Really bad.

I hope they are replacing those "stage" shows with Playlist Productions which are professional quality in all aspects.

I'm not sure what Playlist is, but Liberty had 2 singers/dancers shows when I was on board last month. There was one male and female singer and a small handful of dancers.

The shows were very ordinary cruise ship main theater entertainment. Nothing special at all.

One of the 2 shows used a lot of laser lights so if that's what this "Playlist" thing is, it's certainly nothing to brag about.

Edit...I looked up Carnival Playlist Productions. None of the shows they advertise on the website are on Liberty.

Edited by Aquahound

Well, my PVP said that the Liberty DOES have Playlist shows..two of them, so they must have been added recently. Unfortunately she didn't tell me which ones

I think your PVP is talking about the Production Shows that we saw. They have one male singer and one female singer... then a group of about a dozen dancers. On the Liberty 5-day cruise - they do 2 shows, and both were bad. The first show was called "Wonderful World" and the second was "Just Rock". They both last an hour, with multiple costume changes and a live band performing (the theatre has a real orchestra pit for a full band). The band was the same band that performed at some of the venues on the ship (Dave and the Funk Factory). Unfortunately, they were the best part of both production shows, and it was their last cruise...they got off when we did. I have no idea who got on to replace them.

We saw Playlist Productions on 3 cruises and they all consist of a group where everyone dances and everyone sings.... and everyone has talent. There is no live band. All 3 cruises where we saw Playlist were fantastic, probably the best ensemble was on the Glory, but on the Freedom and Legend they were also very very good.

If you go online Compare Ships - you can easily see the differences.

Liberty does not have the Red Frog Pub.

It also does not have Carnival LIVE shows. SO I think that means they have Playlist Productions.

Those are the two main differences.

Edited by jmkel

Liberty does not have the Red Frog Pub.

It also does not have Carnival LIVE shows. SO I think that means they have Playlist Productions.

Those are the two main differences.

No, it does not have Playlist Productions.

Are the Red Frog Pub and Red From Rum Bar 2 different things? I ask because Liberty does have the Rum Bar.

Edited by Aquahound

No, it does not have Playlist Productions.

Are the Red Frog Pub and Red From Rum Bar 2 different things? I ask because Liberty does have the Rum Bar.

Correct. The Liberty has the Red Frog Rum Bar which is the bar by the main pool. The Red Frog PUB is a seperate place, and the Liberty does not have it. It has a Jazz bar that sits empty much of the time. Hopefully in the upcoming dry dock they will switch it over. The Red Frog Pub is our favorite spot on the ship, if they have it.... very cool place, always good live music, also.

Carnival LIVE is the concert series, it has nothing to do with a venue on the ship. It is a special event held on the ship and there are only a few per year throughout the fleet. They have nothing to do with a particular ship.

Edited by ABQrobin

• 3 weeks later...
Correct. The Liberty has the Red Frog Rum Bar which is the bar by the main pool. The Red Frog PUB is a seperate place, and the Liberty does not have it. It has a Jazz bar that sits empty much of the time. Hopefully in the upcoming dry dock they will switch it over. The Red Frog Pub is our favorite spot on the ship, if they have it.... very cool place, always good live music, also.

Carnival LIVE is the concert series, it has nothing to do with a venue on the ship. It is a special event held on the ship and there are only a few per year throughout the fleet. They have nothing to do with a particular ship.

We also love the Red Frog Pub... and the Valor had it - Liberty does not, unless they update her in dry dock and give her the PUB. I don't care which shows they have ... we never attend them!

Speaking of evening things.. does anyone know who will be playing in the Piano Bar on the Feb. 12 Sailing on the Liberty?? And who will be the CD ? Not that it makes any difference to us who the CD is.. but just wondering.

I just got off the Liberty on Dec 1st. They had one Showtime call "Just Rock". It was a tribute to the classic rock legends of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. It starred the Liberty Dancers and Vocalists. It was very enjoyable.

There was another show that I didn't go to.