restaurants: did you have trouble getting refills?

luckyinpa

comments dont apply to any bars since i did not frequent them.

i found whether in haven or not, no one really cared to get a refill/autorefill for our drinks. soda or booze. at home if you get near half empty they are on you for a refill. did you notice this problem? are they not aware, dont care, want you out of there more quickly? and even when requested, sometimes it wasnt gotten or took forever. yes even in haven.

no this wasnt the end of the world but it was pervasive enough that another posters experience jogged my memory banks.

I find this happens a lot on various cruise lines when you have a drinks package. You have bought a drinks package so they do not rush to give you a refill as you have already pre paid. You have been given a "free" drinks package so they do not rush to give you a refill as you have not paid.....

I find this happens a lot on various cruise lines when you have a drinks package. You have bought a drinks package so they do not rush to give you a refill as you have already pre paid. You have been given a "free" drinks package so they do not rush to give you a refill as you have not paid.....

I have found the opposite. The servers/bartenders want to ring through as many drinks as possible, and if you have a package, you are a sure thing.

I've never had a problem getting refills in a restaurant, but I generally make sure I show up with a full drink, and then order another as soon as I'm seated.

The problem is the dining room doesn't have it's own bar, on most ships...so orders take so much time! We carry our drink INTO the dining room, and when the waiter 1st comes to the table, we order another, so that by the time the 1st one is empty, the next SHOULD be on it's way.

The problem is the dining room doesn't have it's own bar, on most ships...so orders take so much time! We carry our drink INTO the dining room, and when the waiter 1st comes to the table, we order another, so that by the time the 1st one is empty, the next SHOULD be on it's way.

i watched someone come from osheehans bar across to the dining area. then it hit me that they have to walk over there through all the atrium spillover, to get drinks. that is a real PITA!

also on the buffet on BA i find it stupid to have only one place to get a soda. thankfully i went during non busy times. i cannot imagine having to wait for a drink when its full

i watched someone come from osheehans bar across to the dining area. then it hit me that they have to walk over there through all the atrium spillover, to get drinks. that is a real PITA!

also on the buffet on BA i find it stupid to have only one place to get a soda. thankfully i went during non busy times. i cannot imagine having to wait for a drink when its full

Man, it's a rough, rough life, Ain't it?

Yes this!

We learned that one too, and also if we're especially thirsty, we just go ahead and send them back for the next round when they bring the drinks.

I have toured ship galleys that have a bar within the kitchen, they pointed it out to us. I thought it was the norm on cruise ships as it would not be practical for dining room waiters to go elsewhere to fetch drinks during dinner service. I agree ordering ahead often is the only way to get those drinks in a timely manner, at least in a MDR situation. They seem not as overworked in the specialty restaurants and it's easier to get refills in my experience.

I was on a World Cruise segment once. Saw some amazing sights, met many wonderful people many of which I still correspond with, had some amazing food both on and off the ship, weather was perfect the whole time, was lucky enough to land a bridge tour, and even learned a bit of Dutch from our table mates.

But ya, they were slow to refill my Coke. Ruined the whole fracking trip.

No Haven experience, but never had a concern. Not all refills free. On the package they are a cost to NCL. Off plan I'm buying, so I don't want a refill unless I plan to finish it. I usually only order comp beverages and don't opt for a drink package, so refills aren't a big deal other than water. I do like to have that full.

comments dont apply to any bars since i did not frequent them.

i found whether in haven or not, no one really cared to get a refill/autorefill for our drinks. soda or booze. at home if you get near half empty they are on you for a refill. did you notice this problem? are they not aware, dont care, want you out of there more quickly? and even when requested, sometimes it wasnt gotten or took forever. yes even in haven.

no this wasnt the end of the world but it was pervasive enough that another posters experience jogged my memory banks.

The only place I have found this not to be true is Disney Cruise Line. They watch your glass like a hawk. Due to being a Diabetic, I drink a lot (mostly iced tea) and have solved my thirst by asking for 2 glasses of Tea from the start. Yes they do get busy and I feel this also helps them in not having to come back and ask. I've also asked for a small pitcher of Iced Tea for the table but have not been successful as of yet. I was in a higher end restaurant a few weeks ago and asked for more water twice and the waitress never came back, so I just got up and walked out to my car to get some water. It was at the end of the meal and the person who was paying was still at the table. Things like this happen everywhere from time to time, I just ask for extra right from the beginning and it pretty much seems to solve my problem.