Nassau fish fry?

ettaterrell

I have been planing on just walking the bay street block and stopping in a few places that got rated good on trip advisor to try different foods. But some where I read about fish fry and I thought that was a restaurant but seems to be more of an area with lots of restaurants? What time does the area open? And what's some good places to eat (was planing on creating our own food tour lol). Any help on must try foods and drinks either at fish fry or bay street area would be great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Fish Fry is a collection of around local 15-20 restaurants. In addition to conch fritters, we have enjoyed conch salad (similar to cerviche with tomatoes and onions), fried cracked conch, and conch chowder. The last time I checked, the restaurant opened at 11:00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We ate dinner at Oh Andros at the Fish Fry and it was excellent. A huge seafood platter for 2 and it was around $30. Mostly locals in there.

Nassau rolls up the carpets around 5:00pm except for restaurants and bars. I'd suggest doing any sightseeing and shopping before then and eat later if you shop leaves at midnight like mine did.

The Fish Fry is a pretty good walk from the pier. We walked there before dark but definitely took a cab back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by pullen0

• 1 month later...
Thank you Bob! Allure is in port of Nassau till 2pm and Awarak Fish Fry places for the most part opened from 11:30. Is it still doable? Taxi or #10 Jitney?

You have time to walk there, and I'd get there right at 11:30am. If you leave by 12:30pm, you can take the #10 Jitney and be back at the terminal building by 1pm.