Grand Dutch Cafe & Explorations Cafe - Any complimentary drinks available?

dvdcyn

Is there water or iced tea available for free at the Grand Dutch Cafe and the Explorations Cafe? I realize specialty coffees and other drinks are available for a fee. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get a glass of water or iced tea for free or if I could bring it from my cabin.

Certainly you can get water but I never asked for or saw iced tea ... I think there wouldn't be a problem with bringing your iced tea with you just as in the explorations cafe I guess ...

Do we have to buy drinks if we want food in the Grand Dutch Cafe?

Thanks

2 pm - 10 p.m. embarkation day; 8 a.m. to 10 p.m other days. Lunch starts at 11. Things were a little goofed up on our e day due to inspections by U S Coast Guard etc. We were asked if we wanted it there or to go btw.

Take-out sounds good, as I hate trying to carry drink and food at once!

Just off the Koningsdam. Ice water was available in the Grand Dutch Café and all the lovely food items including Almond cookies are free of charge. There were quite a lot of people just ordering food at the counter and then eating at one of the comfortable tables. Food is brought to you, you have to pay for and get your drinks at the counter though.

People who wanted iced coffees were sent to the Exploration Café because they didn't have the facilities in the Grand Dutch Café ( for example crushed ice).

It was one of our most favourite places on the ship!

Is there water or iced tea available for free at the Grand Dutch Cafe and the Explorations Cafe? I realize specialty coffees and other drinks are available for a fee. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get a glass of iced tea for free or if I could bring it from my cabin.

No

How would you make iced tea in your cabin?

You could bring your own drink, bottled water, tea etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Jade13

I would not make tea in my cabin. I would be happy with a complimentary glass of water or bring a bottle of water or some iced tea from the Lido if the only choice at the Cafes was drinks at a cost. I do not drink soda and try to avoid juices because of the sugar content. Water is my drink of choice with food. I may purchase a latte or other specialty coffee to go with a sweet treat, but I would not pay for water or iced tea when it's free at other locations on the ship. I'll definitely enjoy a glass of wine or a couple mixed drinks on the ship. Grand Dutch and Explorations Cafe seem to me like food/snack spots more than places to buy a drink or two...

I would not make tea in my cabin. I would be happy with a complimentary glass of water or bring a bottle of water or some iced tea from the Lido if the only choice at the Cafes was drinks at a cost. I do not drink soda and try to avoid juices because of the sugar content. Water is my drink of choice with food. I may purchase a latte or other specialty coffee to go with a sweet treat, but I would not pay for water or iced tea when it's free at other locations on the ship. I'll definitely enjoy a glass of wine or a couple mixed drinks on the ship. Grand Dutch and Explorations Cafe seem to me like food/snack spots more than places to buy a drink or two...

As I wrote before we saw quite a lot of people just ordering and eating the food available at the Dutch Café - try the pea soup, the Poffertjes or the other choices of pancakes..... yummy... - and you can get a glass of ice water for free. Again I noticed several people having just that. The coffees are very good and I thought inexpensive ( 1.70-2.50 $ each) but it was also possible to buy sparkling water and soda just like at any other bar.

We also saw people having breakfast in the mornings - you could order a plate of ham/cheeses and/ or different other kinds of breakfast items - again at no cost for the food.