Need Unpopular Beach Suggestions

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

Yes, this is yet another thread about a beach day,I am sorry!

I am going on the Carnival Conquest over Christmas, and we will be docked in St.Kitts for 2 other cruise ships, one of them being the Harmony of the Seas. I have spent much time browsing these forums for beach suggestions, and I continuously see Carambola, Cockleshell, Shipwreck and South Friar's suggested to anyone who asks. This is great, but given that it is a Christmas cruise (ie family overload), and that three large megaships, one that is the largest on the planet, will be there, we are worried about being stuck on a crowded beach, or going somewhere and having all of the chairs already sold out. Do you guys have any other beach suggestions? We do not mind unpopulated areas with no chairs, as long as there are public bathrooms within walking distance. We usually bring water and snacks, but if food is sold nearby, that is another huge plus. We are just looking for a place to relax on our day in St.Kitts while doing the least amount of stressing! Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Yes, this is yet another thread about a beach day,I am sorry!

I am going on the Carnival Conquest over Christmas, and we will be docked in St.Kitts for 2 other cruise ships, one of them being the Harmony of the Seas. I have spent much time browsing these forums for beach suggestions, and I continuously see Carambola, Cockleshell, Shipwreck and South Friar's suggested to anyone who asks. This is great, but given that it is a Christmas cruise (ie family overload), and that three large megaships, one that is the largest on the planet, will be there, we are worried about being stuck on a crowded beach, or going somewhere and having all of the chairs already sold out. Do you guys have any other beach suggestions? We do not mind unpopulated areas with no chairs, as long as there are public bathrooms within walking distance. We usually bring water and snacks, but if food is sold nearby, that is another huge plus. We are just looking for a place to relax on our day in St.Kitts while doing the least amount of stressing! Thank you in advance!

Would love to assist, but by posting on CC it will alert the Cruise Herds to one's two 'unknowns', and thereby ending any chance of future peace and serenity.

Carambola being an example of what was, and what it is now.

I wish you luck in your search.

May one suggest a Cat trip to Nevis which is currently off the Cruise Herds Menu.

Would love to assist, but by posting on CC it will alert the Cruise Herds to one's two 'unknowns', and thereby ending any chance of future peace and serenity.

Carambola being an example of what was, and what it is now.

I wish you luck in your search.

May one suggest a Cat trip to Nevis which is currently off the Cruise Herds Menu.

In a sense I agree, however that is obviously over a long period of time. I am confident that the entire scope of the beach will not change in 35 days. But thank you, I will continue to search.

Shipwreck is really cool. Bar, monkeys, great snorkeling since it's on the Caribbean side.

There is also a strand of bars along a beach - look up Mr X's shiggidy shack. Great beach and awesome food nearby.

There's always the Marriott, but the water isn't as calm there. For a fee you can use the pool and beach and the food at their restaurant is amazing (if you go, get the fish sandwich).

I loved the snorkeling catamaran excursion to Nevis. It wasn't a Cruiseline offered excursion. When you get to Nevis walk over and get the famous killer bee drink at Sunshine's Beach Bar. Love St Kitts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shipwreck is really cool. Bar, monkeys, great snorkeling since it's on the Caribbean side.

There is also a strand of bars along a beach - look up Mr X's shiggidy shack. Great beach and awesome food nearby.

There's always the Marriott, but the water isn't as calm there. For a fee you can use the pool and beach and the food at their restaurant is amazing (if you go, get the fish sandwich).

I loved the snorkeling catamaran excursion to Nevis. It wasn't a Cruiseline offered excursion. When you get to Nevis walk over and get the famous killer bee drink at Sunshine's Beach Bar. Love St Kitts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be my first time, as my on my March 2015 cruise, our call was cancelled. Everyone I know loves it, I cannot wait to experience it myself!

Do you by chance know how much a day pass at the Marriott costs?

The "Strip" is on Frigate Bay, a few places with chair or lounger rentals, food & drinks. Many are open on cruise ship days. Shiggity Shack has great food .

Thank you for this information. Do you know much a taxi would cost per person per way? If there are loungers, do you have an estimate on how much they would cost each?

Thank you for your response!

Walk up day pass is $35, The Marriott does not take reservations but a website , resort for a day, does at approx $59 per person. Transportation is additional. The Marriott may NOT offer the day pass if near capacity(reservations).

In a sense I agree, however that is obviously over a long period of time. I am confident that the entire scope of the beach will not change in 35 days. But thank you, I will continue to search.

Contact the Concierge at the Pavilion

concierge@christopheharbour.com

They may allow you to visit, take lunch, drinks etc for a day

Cruise Herds will never establish this place as a "destination".

Not a "grab a bed and an umbrella" beach club.

Edited by PORT ROYAL