On the spot tour in Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman?

lefy

My wife & I don't want to go on these 4 or 5 hour tours so we're looking to just grab a cab or something for about an hour or so to tour the islands. Does anyone have any recommendations & are the cabs safe in these places?

Hi

In Ocho Rios there is a nice beach within 10 min. walk from the port. It is gated, secure and safe, you can see it from the ship when you dock. Ocho Rios Bay beach...look on TripAdvisor for reviews. I submitted one myself a few years ago. You can do some souvenir shopping on the way back.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Hi

In Ocho Rios there is a nice beach within 10 min. walk from the port. It is gated, secure and safe, you can see it from the ship when you dock. Ocho Rios Bay beach...look on TripAdvisor for reviews. I submitted one myself a few years ago. You can do some souvenir shopping on the way back.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Thanks, we have a little trouble getting around so would probably have to take a taxi. I assume that would not be a problem if we told him to take us to Ocho Rios Bay beach.

Also is there a fee to get into the beach?

Hi there

Yes you would be able to take taxi. As I said it is really close. It is the beach you can see from the deck of the ship just to the left of the port. By taxi it wouldn't take more than 3-5min. I can imagine the driver would try to talk you into going somewhere a bit further.

The last time we were there it was $3 US. They have washrooms, change rooms, food stand, they have picnic benches, as well as loungers, some shade trees. We have been 3 times and it was never busy, guess everybody is on some tour. As I said the area is fenced, and they do have security, so you won't have people trying to sell stuff all the time. It is a very nice (clean) beach and the water is calm. There might be a few people with smaller type boats asking if you would like to go out further where you could do some better snorkeling.

hope this helps

have a great cruise