Flight Seats

bee-ess

Just booked our flight seats for Caribbean cruise on TOM034/TOM035 and was surprised to find that the seat config was 2-4-2 and not the 3-3-3 I was expecting. Does this mean we are not on a Dreamliner - I thought they were 3-3-3 config ?

Just booked our flight seats for Caribbean cruise on TOM034/TOM035 and was surprised to find that the seat config was 2-4-2 and not the 3-3-3 I was expecting. Does this mean we are not on a Dreamliner - I thought they were 3-3-3 config ?

Hi,that sounds like a 767,if you have 2 outside seats they are better in my opinion.No one to climb over only your partner.Cheers,Brian.

Hi,that sounds like a 767,if you have 2 outside seats they are better in my opinion.No one to climb over only your partner.Cheers,Brian.

Yes, looking at the seat plan I think it is a 767. I thought all P&O flights on Thomson to Caribbean were Dreamliners.

Hi,we flew Delta to SEA in Sept on a 767.We had concerns about age etc but we were impressed.As long as the cabin has been upgraded to decent seats,IFE etc.We flew back with Virgin from MIA on a dreamliner and other than being nice and shiny new we were not that impressed.Look up seat guru for info,very informative,cheers,Brian.

Hi,we flew Delta to SEA in Sept on a 767.We had concerns about age etc but we were impressed.As long as the cabin has been upgraded to decent seats,IFE etc.We flew back with Virgin from MIA on a dreamliner and other than being nice and shiny new we were not that impressed.Look up seat guru for info,very informative,cheers,Brian.

Thanks Brian, P&O confirm it is a 767 and also claim that the plane is allocated by airline and not them. Obviously they are not going to change it and we are not spending our holiday on it so we don't really have an option but to accept it.

Thanks Brian, P&O confirm it is a 767 and also claim that the plane is allocated by airline and not them. Obviously they are not going to change it and we are not spending our holiday on it so we don't really have an option but to accept it.

No probs,just try and snare those outside seats if possible,cheers,Brian.

Thomson now have 10 Dreamliners (787) in service and only 3 767's so the chances are that most flights will be on Dreamliners. It could be that the Dreamliner currently operating the route needs to be taken out for major service work and replaced by a 767.

Brian

We returned on a Dreamliner from barbados in January this year, we started boarding an hour before take off time and thought great we are could be taking off early.

The plane had a technical fault and we were sat on the tarmac for just over 4 hours before they sorted it out and then to cap it all we were diverted to East midlands and then bussed back to Manchester.

Great cruise but a poor ending.

Going back in 2 week, this time with Thomas Cook, seating arrangements much better.

14 days to go and counting.

May bump into you CCFC.

Rick.

Edited by rickpo

We returned on a Dreamliner from barbados in January this year, we started boarding an hour before take off time and thought great we are could be taking off early.

The plane had a technical fault and we were sat on the tarmac for just over 4 hours before they sorted it out and then to cap it all we were diverted to East midlands and then bussed back to Manchester.

Great cruise but a poor ending.

Going back in 2 week, this time with Thomas Cook, seating arrangements much better.

14 days to go and counting.

May bump into you CCFC.

Rick.

Got the suitcase out already :D

We prefer TC flights to TOM flights, the seat config. is better, the food is better and so are the staff.

But as has been said the flight is not the holiday so I will just grin and bare it on the 9th December when we fly out to the Azura.

We prefer TC flights to TOM flights, the seat config. is better, the food is better and so are the staff.

But as has been said the flight is not the holiday so I will just grin and bare it on the 9th December when we fly out to the Azura.

See you in St Maarten on the 14th, we will wave from Britannia :D

Soes someone know whether they use specific seating configurations for P&O cruise charters as we have seats near the window Row 40, but looking at this plan we're on the floor. I am assuming they don't have the toff seats at the front ;)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thomson_Airways/Thomson_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

Keith (Southend)

Soes someone know whether they use specific seating configurations for P&O cruise charters as we have seats near the window Row 40, but looking at this plan we're on the floor. I am assuming they don't have the toff seats at the front ;)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thomson_Airways/Thomson_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

Keith (Southend)

Hi,is there a window in the toilet,perhaps theyve shoved you in there,LOL,cheers,Brian.

Yep, 2-4-2 is a 767 that what we have. 3-3-3 is a Dreamliner. We expected a Dreamliner but no, ours is a 767 both ways. P&O say they don't control the allocation of planes (just the collection of the pre-order seat money !!)

Are you sure your flight is on a Dreamliner? It appears that some of the Thomson flights to thd Caribbean this year are on 767's and not on 787's.

The seating configuration on the 767 is 2-4-2 and the 787 is 3-3-3.

The seating plan that I used via P&O you had to click on the seats to make them green were a 3-4-3 configuration. The reason I chose seats 40A & 40B was because I wanted a window seat on the left side of the plane for the outward daylight flight, to see the ship in port as you turn left towards Grantley Adams, Barbados, and then two seats on one side of the 4 row in the nmiddle, for the night flight home, so we don't have to disturb anyone to stretch our legs. I'm sure it went beyond 50 rows...

This is realy quite a mystery to me atm?

Keith (Southend)

If you plan another Caribbean cruise with P&O/Barbados strongly recommend you pay the little extra for Premium Economy. The extra comfort for such a long flight is beyond description. Some say it is expensive at £299/rtn but if you took the same flight with BA or Virgin it would cost you 3 times more.