Greece Ports...Any tenders

rs12065

We are considering a cruise in October which calls on Chania, Crete and Mykonos. I need information as to whether either of these ports is one in which ships tenders are used or if the ship docks. In addiion, this cruise calls on Valleta, Malta, which I believe is a port where the cruise ships do dock.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

We are considering a cruise in October which calls on Chania, Crete and Mykonos. I need information as to whether either of these ports is one in which ships tenders are used or if the ship docks. In addiion, this cruise calls on Valleta, Malta, which I believe is a port where the cruise ships do dock.

Mykonos is a tender port sometime depending on the number of ships in port.

• 4 months later...

Not been to Corfu by ship yet.

Mykonos has for us always been a tender port, which seems to be a lot more convenient to get to the little towns centre. One of the rare occasions where a tender is GREAT.

on both occasions we visited Valetta/Malta we were docked and never seen another ship anchored off shore.

Your cruise timetable should also mention if you'll dock or tender

Chania and Malta are both docked.

Mykonos has room for 1 ship to dock, the rest tender. First ship to arrive gets the dock.

we have visited Mykonos 3 times

first time was tender and as someone mentioned is actually an advantage as drops you off in the middle of the picturesque old town

docking is at the ferry terminal to the other islands and involves a shuttle bus or very long walk to centre

Someone mentioned Corfu-that is usually docked

the only Greek island I can think is always tender is Santorini and that involves its own problems getting from sea level to top of cliff

Mykonos can go either way and you often do not know for sure until close to arrival. On the Royal Princess last year our booking and all the info during the cruise said we were docking, but on the day prior to arrival we were informed we would be tendering. Puts you more in town but forced me to modify our plans for the day at the last moment.