You learn something new every day! Partial charter... 29 Dec NCL Pearl

*source*

I have to admit that I'm getting a little worried about all this. I will definitely be attending the M&G. I always do. I don't like the idea that I paid for something and I may not get what I paid for. Now I know a lot of us here on CC say that about a lot of things NCL. We book under certain terms and things change. But not being able to use various venues is a bit troublesome.

I will wait and see what happens. I've cruised the Pearl many times. It's a fabulous ship. I will have fun no matter what. But I will be vocal if there are negative impacts.

I guess that's how I feel too... We are considering the M&G and signing up to the roll call although it is something we have never done before. We like to go away *together*and have had a tough year so this is supposed to be our down time as a family. We have 2 cabins booked and I am trying not to fret about the wasted money! My DH is determined to have a great time and is not bothered by all this but I feel concerned and the more I hear or read the more concerned I feel. I hope we are worrying unnecessarily! :cool:

There were many angry posts about this group on last year's Gem sailing, saying how rude they were to other passengers and how their kids ran around without supervision. I had considered this cruise but changed my mind and switched to the one next March. That being said, many on the roll call aren't worried and will have a great time anyway so go to the roll call and add yourself to the meet and greet.

This is not the same group at all. Completely different, and other than the same religious affiliation has nothing to do with the group you are thinking about.

There was quite a bit of discussion of this group causing problems for folks on the Gem. I seem to recall reports of kids swearing at other adults, kids spitting at them, etc.

It is NOT the same group.

Edited by zqvol

I guess that's how I feel too... We are considering the M&G and signing up to the roll call although it is something we have never done before. We like to go away *together*and have had a tough year so this is supposed to be our down time as a family. We have 2 cabins booked and I am trying not to fret about the wasted money! My DH is determined to have a great time and is not bothered by all this but I feel concerned and the more I hear or read the more concerned I feel. I hope we are worrying unnecessarily! :cool:

The M&G is generally only about 45 minutes out of your entire cruise. It's great to meet the officers. In my experience, they have all always been very wonderful and helpful. So I really encourage you to come.