Concierge Staterooms

Patsy Flower

Could anyone please give me some advice regarding concierge staterooms.

Are there any concierge staterooms which have balconies which are not affected by an overhang?

We are looking to book one of these staterooms but love to have the sun on our balcony.

Which deck/area would be the best to book.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Are there any concierge staterooms which have balconies which are not affected by an overhang?

We are looking to book one of these staterooms but love to have the sun on our balcony.

Thank you.

The C1 cabins in the S class ships have no overhang. A downside if in a very sunny climate but was wonderful for us in Britain and Amsterdam this past summer.

We prefer Deck 7 aft-facing. DH likes full sun too and this is the best we seem to be able to get. You still only get the farthest aft portion of the huge balcony in the sun, but it's better than shade all the time. The table & 4 chairs seem to stay in the shade pretty much all day while the 2 semi-reclining chairs and footstools can be moved into the sun at the end of the balcony.

Edited to add: This is for the M-Class only, not S-class, sorry.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Thank you.

It would be the Reflection or the Silhouette.

We are just wondering which deck and area would be best to avoid any over hang.

In reading your question I think you have sailed with Princess that has the 'terraced' design to their balcony's, yes? Where all the balcony cabins are open to the sky. Celebrity ships do not have this design down the sides, only on the very aft cabins. Useing the balcony to lay out for sun does not work well.

One side will get the morning sun, the other the afternoon on the way out, and it will reverse on the return.

IMG_0206.jpg.d7e5e3894531da76c3fed7c39cd18895.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg.6ddee9a8385d8d302e7ff98655fc604e.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg.4036b7f0b4993a411197060d46080940.jpg

I can tell you that having an exposed balcony (to the sun) is nice when the weather is not to o hot, but we had a sunset veranda aft cabin on the Century in 2015 on our Singapore to Dubai cruise in late March early April. We stopped in four Indian ports and one in Oman.

I had no idea that it would be so hot in March and early April. In the Indian ports the temp was up to 97 degrees F. Our balcony was not usable due to the direct sunlight and heat. We would have done much better with a regular balcony that had a cover. Also, we had no wind to cool us on an aft balcony.

We did have an exposed balcony on our Alaska cruise last September and it was great, due to no wind and the sun warmed us a bit while viewing glaciers in the cold weather.