January 24, 2017 Antarctic cruise on the Fram

cruisevakay

We really need a single thread for Hurtigruten Antarctica expeditions. We are on Fram's 10 Feb sailing, so don't break her!

Things are not always that easy! It took me a long time and a lot of effort to achieve the simplest of things and get Hurtigruten listed separately from other lines on Cruise Critic!

There is, of course, the Antarctica board on here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=475) and that has references to Hurtigruten in Antarctica. I'm not sure if you have found it yet.

What I would not want to see would be postings about Hurtigruten in Antarctica in just a single thread as it would become quite unwieldy (I have had to read through tens of pages on huge threads related to other cruises and it was seriously time-consuming).

Similarly I would not want postings about Fram and postings about Midnatsol mixed in a single thread. They offer two very different experiences.

Just my 2p.

And we intend to return Fram in good condition for those who follow!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12337-Antarctic_Adventures.html

I fully agree with digitl that I don't think it would be a good idea to have a single discussion about Hurtigruten Antarctica.

There is a board for Antarctica here (digitl gave the link). And theoritically, Hurtigruten's roll calls should go in the "All Other Cruise Lines Roll Calls" although I understand that the Hurtigruten forum is easier to find. But roll calls for the same Hurtigruten Antarctica cruise can be started in 3 different places by different people, and it is a bit confusing. I don't really have a solution for this.

Edited by SarniaLo

Have a look at the Antarctica forum : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=475

You will find many discussions with practical information about Antarctica

Thanks so much for your advice and link to other discussions. I have looked at everyone's comments and recommendations and greatly appreciate all of your advice. We are looking forward to our trip.

To follow up... the Antarctic Adventures Forum on Tripadvisor offers a wealth of information and advice and includes references to Fram and Hurtigruten.

Thanks for the link to the other forums. I've read everyone's recommendations, including many of yours that were very helpful.