Firsttime cruisers with teens

Carolyn70

We are cruising for the first time and are on the Pacific Pearl this December. Was wondering if the kids' cruise pass can be loaded with money for ice-creams and whether they can use their soft drink package for during the day so I don't need to be bothered everytime they get thirsty. Also I noticed you cannot bring alcohol on board, but is it available from the duty free? I would appreciate any tips previous cruisers can give me. Am very excited for this trip!:)

If you have the soft drink package, they can use it anytime they want. You don't need to be present! Yes...you can put a set amount of money on their account.

You are usually allowed to bring 2 bottles (the little ones..not the doubles) onboard. (Depending on cruise line) No liquor or beer. Yeah..I don't understand that, either.

Some cruise lines will allow you to buy a bottle of booze at greatly inflated prices for in cabin use. Check on your cruise line's website for their rules.

Edited by cb at sea