Essential oil diffuser

cabinluvn

Sorry but there is really no such thing as "calling HAL" since at any given time you can get totally contradictory answers.

Best to check with the ship technical people once you get on board that particular ship.

Then I might call a number of times and see if I can get a consistent answer. The worst thing that would happen is that they would take it until we disembark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then I might call a number of times and see if I can get a consistent answer. The worst thing that would happen is that they would take it until we disembark

Two issues here: use of an electrical appliance, and diffusion of a scent. Interesting to learn if it is a UBS, the hook up can be okay. Makes sense, even though the UBS has to still be hooked up to something electrical if the cabin does not come so equipped.

But the scent diffusion may not yet be on their radar. Either for penetration into carpets, curtains and bedding or inter-cabin diffusion. For much the same reason people don't like getting "smoky" cabins after a smoker disembarks.

Sorry but there is really no such thing as "calling HAL" since at any given time you can get totally contradictory answers.

Best to check with the ship technical people once you get on board that particular ship.

People told her to call and she did. Just because someone doesn't like the answer doesn't make it untrue.

But the poster in question may wish to get the answer in writing, to cover themselves when they get on board the ship, if the diffuser thing is confiscated for whatever reason.

I am curious which oils have these wondrous powers?

But the poster in question may wish to get the answer in writing, to cover themselves when they get on board the ship, if the diffuser thing is confiscated for whatever reason.

I am curious which oils have these wondrous powers?

There are oils like Thieves, or Purify. Super immune and frankincense. All help to render bad things in the air gone and give some protection. I have them going in the house when the house is closed up in the winter. We always seem to get some sort of respiratory illness when we sail, even tho we try not to touch things, don't touch our face and wash our hands at every turn. Hard to keep away from the germs when people cough and sneeze in the elevators, etc. I just thought that maybe doing this would keep the illness away for once. I may just bring our essential oil nasal diffusers and carry them with us. I am kind of an essential oil nut, as you can see. Even do oils to lower my blood pressure!

Edited by cabinluvn
  • Like 1

I believe the final decision on any appliance is the Captains. Even though HAL in Seattle may tell you it is ok, the Captain may override.

But as you say, the worst that would happen is that they take it away and then give it back at the end of the cruise.

There are oils like Thieves, or Purify. Super immune and frankincense. All help to render bad things in the air gone and give some protection. I have them going in the house when the house is closed up in the winter. We always seem to get some sort of respiratory illness when we sail, even tho we try not to touch things, don't touch our face and wash our hands at every turn. Hard to keep away from the germs when people cough and sneeze in the elevators, etc. I just thought that maybe doing this would keep the illness away for once. I may just bring our essential oil nasal diffusers and carry them with us. I am kind of an essential oil nut, as you can see. Even do oils to lower my blood pressure!

Which oil do you use to help lower your blood pressure? I use mine mostly for respiratory issues and sometimes relaxation.

Which oil do you use to help lower your blood pressure? I use mine mostly for respiratory issues and sometimes relaxation.

My recipe from The Reference Guide to Essential Oils that I use is:

10 drops ylang ylang, 5 drops marjoram, 5 drops cypress in 1 oz carrier oil. I inhale and also rub on flex points on feet and hands