AARP Carnival Gift Cards

foodcruiser

Thanks for the post.

I just ordered $500. Cost: $450 + $2.95 shipping.

Great deal since we'll be traveling in 1 month.

Went to the aarp.org site, clicked on Rewards for Good, signed up, it says I have 7500 points, Don't know how I got these points. Traded in 5000 points for $50 off.

First you sign up for the AARP Rewards for Good program. You earn points for various activities. They have a lot of quizs to earn points. You can earn points with your Fitbit and many other ways. Then you use the points to purchase. A $500 Carnival Gift card is $450.00 plus 5000 points, the points you earn for free. you can easily earn 5000 points a day by completing several quiz's.

How are they shipped and how long does it usually take to arrive? We leave next Wednesday on a cruise so not sure if they would arrive before we are leaving. If they are delivered to the mailbox, that would be fine but if left on porch by UPS/FEDEX, I would be worried!

Thanks.

How are they shipped and how long does it usually take to arrive? We leave next Wednesday on a cruise so not sure if they would arrive before we are leaving. If they are delivered to the mailbox, that would be fine but if left on porch by UPS/FEDEX, I would be worried!

Thanks.

Delivery time and method depends on the value of the cards purchased. When we bought three $100 cards, they were delivered by mail. The five $100 and $500 cards were delivered by UPS. A sticky note was left while I was at school because a signature was needed due to the value. After the first time, I called UPS as soon as I had tracking numbers and asked that the packages be held there.

If you are leaving next Wednesday, the cards definitely won't arrive in time given that there is no mail tomorrow and a slow-down after that due to the holiday season beginning.

Thanks for the post.

I just ordered $500. Cost: $450 + $2.95 shipping.

I also ordered a $500 today but my shipping was only $.59. I wonder why it would be different. The shipping address has to match the credit card billing address now. I used to have them shipped to my work since signature is required. Nobody is home during the day. Hopefully the delivery will be in the evening!

I also ordered a $500 today but my shipping was only $.59. I wonder why it would be different. The shipping address has to match the credit card billing address now. I used to have them shipped to my work since signature is required. Nobody is home during the day. Hopefully the delivery will be in the evening!

The shipping is charged per card. If you ordered 1 $500 card you will pay $0.59 for shipping that 1 card. If you order 5 $100 cards you will pay $2.95 for shipping those 5 cards.

Good luck with the delivery time.

Delivery time and method depends on the value of the cards purchased. When we bought three $100 cards, they were delivered by mail. The five $100 and $500 cards were delivered by UPS. A sticky note was left while I was at school because a signature was needed due to the value. After the first time, I called UPS as soon as I had tracking numbers and asked that the packages be held there.

If you are leaving next Wednesday, the cards definitely won't arrive in time given that there is no mail tomorrow and a slow-down after that due to the holiday season beginning.

All of my cards, regardless of value (and I have never ordered less than $300 and most recently 5 -$100 cards, and then 1 $500 card) all came regular mail, not UPS and no signature was needed. They came 7-10 days later...really easy and some savings....a win-win for sure!! :)

PS And it is $.59 mailing per card and not based on value - but on a 'per card' basis!

Edited by buddylover

All of my cards, regardless of value (and I have never ordered less than $300 and most recently 5 -$100 cards, and then 1 $500 card) all came regular mail, not UPS and no signature was needed. They came 7-10 days later...really easy and some savings....a win-win for sure!! :)

PS And it is $.59 mailing per card and not based on value - but on a 'per card' basis!

The $500 cards are always mailed via UPS and have to be signed for. I don't how you had one sent regular mail. You can order 5 cards for $100 and they will be sent regular mail.

Any time I ordered a $500 card, it came by UPS with signature required.

My $100 have come by USPS mail.

My orders for both one $500 card and five $100 cards have all been UPS signature required. And I got an e-mail a day or two after the order requiring me to cal and verify the order before it was shipped. About one calendar week between ordering and when I received the card. I've done three orders and all three worked the same way.

The first time I ordered I got the email and had to call to confirm. Then I had to sign for the card and UPS delivered. This has never happened again. Always by mail and no signature. I always order the $500.00 cards one or two at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email about 3 days after I ordered. I had to call a number to confirm. Watch for the email. It says the order will be cancelled in 72 hours if you don't call. The woman said it is coming UPS, signature required. I just got an email Friday saying they were shipped. Waiting for them now. My final payment for my cruise is 12/13. Hope they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When ordering if you dont want the "signature required" on delivery, then order 2 or 3 at a time in $100 increments. My last order about a month ago I orderd 2 $100 cards then 3 $100 cards right after. They came within 5 days, no email to confirm and no signature required, regular mail.

I have done this many times throughout the year with same results.

Can these be used for purchases on the website like the Cheers program? I assume they can be used on board the ship as well?

Candi

You can't pay for Cheers or other Fun Shop items online with gift cards, but you can use them to pre-purchase Carnival excursions and spa services. You may use them for anything onboard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

There has been a change and the cards will only be mailed to physical address which matches your credit card, no po boxes. This can be a problem for some.

Wow I live in a rural town with NO mail delivery. UPS & Fed Ex will deliver to the house but not the US Mail. We all have PO Boxes Downtown :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums