Hotel options

heatheranderson13

We had booked our pre cruise hotel wed-Sunday in cocoa beach but have decided to rent a car for the entire time. With that happening now it has opened up our options on where to stay. We are open to up to a 2 hour commute to PC. So with that being said where would u suggest we stay to relax and enjoy an amazing pool that has free parking. We are traveling with a 7&9 year old for less then 200$ a night US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Flying into MCO? :confused: We prefer to stay in the Orlando area, where there are 1000's of hotels to choose from in every price range. The drive from Orlando to PC takes about an hour (or just over if you are staying near WDW).

When do you cruise? :confused: Prices vary with the season.

Flying into MCO? :confused: We prefer to stay in the Orlando area, where there are 1000's of hotels to choose from in every price range. The drive from Orlando to PC takes about an hour (or just over if you are staying near WDW).

When do you cruise? :confused: Prices vary with the season.

Yes sorry flying into mco. Yes tons to choose from which is why I was asking to see what people suggested. We like brand name higher end hotels but at under 200$ per night. We are looking for a great pool area, huge even to relax at before we cruise end of January.

We are familiar with Orlando itself but not areas outside of this, which is why I was curious if we should stay here, travel to another area etc. We won't be doing anything but relaxing pool side and if their was a beach walking along it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would focus on the Orlando area (no reason to drive to Daytona and Tampa is the wrong direction) - you might check some of the WDW boards (all ears, etc.) for advice. I like the Lake Buena Vista area north of WDW with lots of hotels and dining areas, but can't suggest a specific hotel/resort that has an amazing pool.

Trip Advisor is probably a better resource for your request. Have a good cruise!

Unless you plan to go to one of the parks or you get a great deal on a condo in the Orlando area, I would look at beach properties from Daytona to Port St Lucie on VRBO if you are going to rent a car.

With four days to spend pre-cruise, a 7 year old and a 9 year old, I would not want to be cramped in a hotel room anywhere. For the same money there are dozens and dozens of condos, houses and bungalows on or very close to the beach in your price range. It would be a much more pleasant mini-vacation before your cruise if you had at least one separate bedroom, a full kitchen and a living room. You could save a bunch of money just on breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and maybe even a family barbecue. A gallon of milk, a gallon of orange juice and a couple boxes of cereal costs about $10 and you can feed two kids breakfast for four days. Throw in a couple more bucks and you can buy some bananas. It's a no-brainer for me.