MSC or RCL?

joern

Hi

We recently came back from our first cruise: MSC Splendida where we had balcony and allegrisimo drinking package. We had a fantastic holiday.

Now I've received an offer with RCL on a cruise in the Caribean with Oasis of the Seas. The offer is outside balcony (unspecified), tips is included and also $150 for the whole cabin. However the drinking package is quite expensive.

Bottomline: Will I regret this cruise with these choices compared to Splendida?

Hi there. It is hard to offer an opinion! Does the RCL offer include flights? When are you planning on sailing? Where are you sailing from?

I have been on the Splendida and also the Harmony (Oasis class).

What I liked about the Harmony were the ice-shows, the promenade and the solarium. Added to this, you can see "all" of the ship. The Splendida has the yacht club, which means a good portion of the front to the ship is not accessible to all. In the Splendida's defence, the shows are spectacular.

If you would just give more information, I'm sure others will be along with more opinions.

No, it does not include flights. It's a cruise from Port Canaveral on february 12. What I'm concerned about is the cabin where I don't know which one we will get and the drinks package. Not that I'm a big drinker, but I do appreciate wines for the dinner and a few drinks during the night. I really enjoyed that I could just order what I wanted on Splendida

Unlimited drinks is one of the perks that attracts us for a particular cruise. This makes us biased on Splendida. But if you haven't been on Oasis, i don't think you will regret your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Drinks on Oasis are expensive. I'm thinking of Allure and have been doing some research. $12 before tax for a pina colada. :(

They do allow you to take two bottles of wine onboard.

I did, of course, mean before 18% gratuity not tax.:o

Hi

We recently came back from our first cruise: MSC Splendida where we had balcony and allegrisimo drinking package. We had a fantastic holiday.

Now I've received an offer with RCL on a cruise in the Caribean with Oasis of the Seas. The offer is outside balcony (unspecified), tips is included and also $150 for the whole cabin. However the drinking package is quite expensive.

NO they are 2 different experiences, Oasis is a great ship.