Harvest Caye Excursion - experience

Nola26

Has anyone seen or taken this excursion? Any other experience you'd recommend?

I have a couple of active excursions planned for other ports, but thought this could be good for simply checking the place out and perhaps seeing manatees:

Lagoon Wildlife & Mangrove Estuaries

Harvest Caye, Belize

This is your opportunity to explore amazing saltwater mangrove estuaries, encounter wildlife and learn about the flora and fauna from your nature guide.

• 2 weeks later...
Just learned today you can't book your own excursions through private companies :(

Not an issue for me as I'm booking through NCL and using a Shore Excursion promotion credit to cover. I'll call to book the manatee today then I'll have something lined up at each port, thanks.

Not an issue for me as I'm booking through NCL and using a Shore Excursion promotion credit to cover. I'll call to book the manatee today then I'll have something lined up at each port, thanks.

Just a note about any manatee excursion: If you are cruising between now and

March, don't plan on seeing any manatees in the wild. They are all over in the springs of Florida.

I took a snorkeling trip which promised a stop at a wildlife research manatee site. I had to laugh, not only were there no manatees, but all the exhibits in the museum were from here on the Nature Coast of Florida.

Just a note about any manatee excursion: If you are cruising between now and

March, don't plan on seeing any manatees in the wild. They are all over in the springs of Florida.

I took a snorkeling trip which promised a stop at a wildlife research manatee site. I had to laugh, not only were there no manatees, but all the exhibits in the museum were from here on the Nature Coast of Florida.

Thanks, I've already booked, lol. It was either this or the electric boat. I figured the mangrove tour will at least have someone else point to me things rather than me figure stuff out on my own. It is only 90 minutes, I'll survive.

We took the tour on 12/7. It was quite good, while we didn't see any manatees we saw spotted eagle rays, magnificent frigate birds, starfish etc and had a very nice cruise through the mangroves. The guides were entertaining and knowledgeable, without the "canned spiel" feel. We really liked it!

We took the tour on 12/7. It was quite good, while we didn't see any manatees we saw spotted eagle rays, magnificent frigate birds, starfish etc and had a very nice cruise through the mangroves. The guides were entertaining and knowledgeable, without the "canned spiel" feel. We really liked it!

This sounds right up my alley, thanks for the review.

I read Doug's electric boat review on his thread. It also sounds great, but I'm solo this time so the group tour is better. When my family is with me the electric boat will be great for the nephew and I. He'll even be old enough to drive it so even more fun or at least more adventure, yikes!