What to do for a few hours?

thanna86

We get off our ship on Friday Jan 13th. Our flight does not leave until 7:30pm. Thinking of ideas to do for the day. We have 4 children 10, 11, 8, and 2. Is it worth it to pay $500 for Disney or Universal? Other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what I am thinking, I just don't want to set it up for failure and not have enough time. I am thinking if we take our luggage off with us right at 8am, we could be in the park by 10:30 and then leave at 4:30. Is that enough time?

Edited by thanna86

It's about 45 min ride from canaverl to Disney give or take sea world and universal would be cheaper but still excellent parks then again notion beats a Disney experience for the first time I say go for Disney the money will be worth seeing there faces

That is what I am thinking, I just don't want to set it up for failure and not have enough time. I am thinking if we take our luggage off with us right at 8am, we could be in the park by 10:30 and then leave at 4:30. Is that enough time?

Which Disney park?

6 hours is enough to see something, but certainly not all. Think 10-12 hours for a park like Magic Kingdom. Less for Animal Kingdom.

Personally, I would be uncomfortable taking 4 kids to Disney when we had a flight to catch that evening. I would constantly be checking the time, worried, hoping for smooth traffic flow, all those things that play on one's mind.

What about renting a hotel room with a nice pool area for the day? I know some locals could give you a couple ideas.

You need to factor in not only the travel time from Port Canaveral to the Disney Parks but also time to park and then actually get to the park...getting to the Magic Kingdom you need to allow another 30 minutes from the parking areas as you travel either by monorail or ferry to the main gates. This is something most people don't take into account.

Add more time to pick up and return your rental car so now your day at Disney will be about 5 hours not 6. For a 7:30 flight you should be in the airport by 5:30 to get thru security. Last time we went thru Orlando it took us almost 45 minutes to get thru TSA

Having been to Disney many times I agree with Langley that I wouldn't want to be worrying about catching a flight while trying to rush thru the parks especially if it's a first time visit!

I would go to the space center and/or a beach for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cinbol

Having 4 children with similar ages, now much older, my answer would be no, it's not worth it.

You would be arriving at Disney at the most crowded time. The way Disney now allows only three rides , you need to take advantage of either the early morning, or late night, and I'm a Disney fan.

I would go to the beach, enjoy a special lunch, seafood based- the kids will love that, unless your from the south.

You have to be at the airport at 530 , 2 hours , perhaps drop off a car as well Time will go quickly.

If it's raining, keep driving south. But beware of the traffic, some beach roads have one way in and one way out. Have fun.

Get a room at a Disney resort. Each property is magical. The value hotels will be perfect for your children. Then you can take Disney Magical Express bus to MCO. All included in your room. The kids will get a kick out of the oversized Disney friends.

Thanna86, do you mean feb 17 or feb 10?

If you disembark on feb 17, that would mean presidents weekend and the prices for hotels will be much higher!! aw well as the parks will be very crowded.

just something to consider!

which day on a friday, just cant be the 13, right??

If you disembark on feb 17, that would mean presidents weekend and the prices for hotels will be much higher!! aw well as the parks will be very crowded.

They said JAN. not FEB.

Why can't it be Friday Jan 13?

Get a room at a Disney resort. Each property is magical. The value hotels will be perfect for your children. Then you can take Disney Magical Express bus to MCO. All included in your room. The kids will get a kick out of the oversized Disney friends.

Most hotel check-ins are after 3:00 pm and they would need a car service to get to Disney from the ship - that's a lot of extra $$ for something you won't use.

Most hotel check-ins are after 3:00 pm and they would need a car service to get to Disney from the ship - that's a lot of extra $$ for something you won't use.

You can request early check in. WDW has locker rooms at all their pools, they can change there. You can grab a value hotel for $150 ish that time of year. OP still has to get to MCO, so the travel dollars to get to WDW are a wash.

We get off our ship on Friday Jan 13th. Our flight does not leave until 7:30pm. Thinking of ideas to do for the day. We have 4 children 10, 11, 8, and 2. Is it worth it to pay $500 for Disney or Universal? Other ideas?

check the web site for Disney

Jan 13, 3 adult (age 10+) and 3 child tickets - $642

and you'd be spending just a few hours?

all depends on your bank balance I suppose

++++++++++

go to Brevard Zoo for a fraction of this $$$$, or do an airboat ride

spend a few hours then head to the airport by 4 or so .... 1 hour drive to get to the airport to return car and get in

or Disney Springs .... formerly DownTown Disney

Edited by Capt_BJ

Sorry my bad[emoji33], I really need glasses, Jan 13, should have no problem getting a Disney hotel for check in for the day, use the facilities, pool, transportation etc.. and go to Disney springs. It's almost like going to Disney!!