Beverage package not showing on reservation

CruiseToSmile

Will be sailing on the Pride October of 2017. Have paid the Funshop for the alcohol beverage package. Called Carnival when it didn't show on my reservation details. Carnival said it won't until onboard. This makes me very uncomfortable. The email showing my paid package from the Funshop doesn't note the reservation number even though I made the payment online through my reservation page. Is this common? Any similar or different experiences out there?

That's just the way it works. It doesn't show up on your printed booking details, but if you have a confirmation email it will be on your account upon boarding.

I just print the confirmation email and take it with me.

okgirl is right. Even though the email confirmation doesn't show your booking number, you had to log in and use that in order to purchase it. No worries. We just had Cheers on our Conquest cruise in October, pre-purchased it two months ahead of time, took the printed email confirmation with us, but it was not needed. When we went to the bar for our first drink, handed the bartender my sail-n-sign and when he went to ring up my drink, Cheers showed up on the computer system, and he put a Cheers sticker on my card. If for some reason it does not show up in their computer system onboard, simply go to Guest Services with your email confirmation and they will fix it.

Edited by mamajules

That's just the way it works. It doesn't show up on your printed booking details, but if you have a confirmation email it will be on your account upon boarding.

I just print the confirmation email and take it with me.

Thanks for your quick response and experience. We've cruised a dozen times. The beverage package has been noted as paid in full on NCL. This is the first time to purchase the beverage package on Carnival. Enjoyed our prior Carnival cruise, but paid "by the drink". Not this time:)

okgirl is right. Even though the email confirmation doesn't show your booking number, you had to log in and use that in order to purchase it. No worries. We just had Cheers on our Conquest cruise in October, pre-purchased it two months ahead of time, took the printed email confirmation with us, but it was not needed. When we went to the bar for our first drink, handed the bartender my sail-n-sign and when he went to ring up my drink, Cheers showed up on the computer system, and he put a Cheers sticker on my card. If for some reason it does not show up in their computer system onboard, simply go to Guest Services with your email confirmation and they will fix it.

Thanks to you, too. Here's to fun cruising to all!

Just a little more information as to "why" it's not on your reservation. The Bon Voyage purchases were originally intended as gifts you reserve in advance for other passengers and in order to keep it as a "surprise" it doesn't show up on the documents. As already mentioned just bring a copy of the e-mail confirmation for proof.

Anything you pre-purchase through the Fun Shops will not show on your booking page. Keep all emails with your cruise documents as a CYA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

An answer to "why" is always big on my list. Makes sense. Thanks for bringing that forward. Maybe one day they'll ask the question "is it a gift" so there won't be confusion.

No matter, a big thanks! Helps me a lot to understand.

Just a little more information as to "why" it's not on your reservation. The Bon Voyage purchases were originally intended as gifts you reserve in advance for other passengers and in order to keep it as a "surprise" it doesn't show up on the documents. As already mentioned just bring a copy of the e-mail confirmation for proof.

An answer to "why" is always big on my list. Makes sense. Thanks for bringing that forward. Maybe one day they'll ask the question "is it a gift" so there won't be confusion.

Actually they do ask that question and even when selecting "no" it still doesn't show up.

Actually they do ask that question and even when selecting "no" it still doesn't show up.

It can get confusing if you are traveling on several different cruises and your spouse gets your gift of flowers that you meant to send to your GF or BF.