Would you Upsell from Aft Balcony to Haven Courtyard?

cidymom

If you have an Aft-Facing Balcony on Breakaway (Deck 9), would you upsell to the Haven Courtyard Penthouse? I can see that the balcony is WAY smaller (not too big a deal for us; we just like to have a balcony) but is the room size bigger than a regular balcony room? Just wondering if it's worth it to upsell for the Haven perks. Any advice or comments? Thanks in advance for your help.

I've had an aft on the Breakaway (#12906), and a Courtyard Penthouse on the Escape (#18124). From the looks of things, the Courtyard Penthouse on the Breakaway looks very similar to what we had on the Escape.

The Courtyard Penthouse cabin itself feels a lot bigger than the balcony cabin we had on the Breakaway. It's very spacious, and having two closets and a changing area by the bathroom is great. The bed is also bigger. Though it's actually one of the smaller Haven staterooms, there's plenty of room in there—and only being the two of us, we didn't feel like we needed any more space.

NCL's site quotes 58 sq. ft. for both the Breakaway and the Escape balconies. Though obviously it was a smaller balcony than the cavernous B1 balcony we had before, there was plenty of room out there. It had a good amount of depth and was very wide. The chairs are more comfortable too. I spent a lot of time out there, and was very happy with it.

Would I upsell? Absolutely yes! As long as it isn't for an outrageous price, of course.

People said it here before—it's a different type of experience than a normal cruise. You have priority everything—you never wait in line. You barely have to leave the Haven if you don't want to, since everything you need is there. We ate most meals in the Haven Restaurant, and the Haven staff on the Escape was phenomenal. We were so spoiled, we've joked that we have to do an inside cabin next time to bring ourselves back down to earth.

I would definitely consider upselling if I were you...it was great for us!

I've had an aft on the Breakaway (#12906), and a Courtyard Penthouse on the Escape (#18124). From the looks of things, the Courtyard Penthouse on the Breakaway looks very similar to what we had on the Escape.

The Courtyard Penthouse cabin itself feels a lot bigger than the balcony cabin we had on the Breakaway. It's very spacious, and having two closets and a changing area by the bathroom is great. The bed is also bigger. Though it's actually one of the smaller Haven staterooms, there's plenty of room in there—and only being the two of us, we didn't feel like we needed any more space.

NCL's site quotes 58 sq. ft. for both the Breakaway and the Escape balconies. Though obviously it was a smaller balcony than the cavernous B1 balcony we had before, there was plenty of room out there. It had a good amount of depth and was very wide. The chairs are more comfortable too. I spent a lot of time out there, and was very happy with it.

Would I upsell? Absolutely yes! As long as it isn't for an outrageous price, of course.

People said it here before—it's a different type of experience than a normal cruise. You have priority everything—you never wait in line. You barely have to leave the Haven if you don't want to, since everything you need is there. We ate most meals in the Haven Restaurant, and the Haven staff on the Escape was phenomenal. We were so spoiled, we've joked that we have to do an inside cabin next time to bring ourselves back down to earth.

I would definitely consider upselling if I were you...it was great for us!

I TOTALLY agree with all of this! :)

We had an aft balcony on the Epic, which we absolutely loved. It was also an accessible cabin, which made it BIG!! Even so, after being lucky enough to be treated to an upgrade into the Courtyard Penthouse on the Escape, I would have to say that yes, I WOULD upsell.....for the right price! :)

Not really a Yes or No. For me it would depend on the price, time of year & itinerary. Balcony is smaller - Room is bigger. Perks for Haven are great - especially for Breakaway.

Since you say the balcony size doesn't matter, it would be whether the perks and a larger room mattered to you and were worth the price they are asking.

If you have an Aft-Facing Balcony on Breakaway (Deck 9), would you upsell to the Haven Courtyard Penthouse? I can see that the balcony is WAY smaller (not too big a deal for us; we just like to have a balcony) but is the room size bigger than a regular balcony room? Just wondering if it's worth it to upsell for the Haven perks. Any advice or comments? Thanks in advance for your help.

That decision would depend entirely on the cost to upsell.;)

Yes, the haven restaraunt on the breakaway is great and we used the courtyard during cold days. The Breakaway is very crowded all the public spaces feel like a mall the day before Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ilsh75