Best room type for 2 adults 2 kids on Miracle?

AussieMac

Hi all

I'm doing Mexican Riviera in April 2017 for 7 nights on the Miracle.

We've never cruised before and are so excited. We ended up choosing an ocean view cabin to sleep 4... But I'm thinking we may have been better off getting 2 x interconnecting interiors instead? With 2 pre-teen boys and my husband, we might be too cramped. I really wanted a balcony, but the extra cost was too much...

Can anyone offer some advice and will we have to pay more to get 2 x rooms?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all

We've never cruised before and are so excited. We ended up choosing an ocean view cabin to sleep 4... But I'm thinking we may have been better off getting 2 x interconnecting interiors instead? With 2 pre-teen boys and my husband, we might be too cramped. I really wanted a balcony, but the extra cost was too much...

Thanks for your help

We get a balcony and put the boys in an inside. I have been doing that since my youngest was 7 and his brother 13; they had already been on 5+ cruises, knew the routine and are rule followers by nature so it has been an excellent way to travel without issue.

The difference between a connecting cabin and across the hall is about 4' - the only difference is you can't keep the door open. We just go to guest services and make copies of the keys so we can each access the other's room.

Best of both worlds IMHO.

You pay based on the rate of that room, so two interiors would be double the price. It may be cheaper to just book the balcony. The Miracle is one of my favorite ships, and we've been on her a bunch of times, but always in a suite which is more than enough space. I've done ocean views, an inside, and many balcony's with me and my daughter, and for the most part, an ocean view is similar in size to the balcony stateroom, just without that extra space of the actual balcony. If I had two preteens, I'd probably upgrade to the balcony, or do the two inside rooms, just because I have one preteen girl, and she's like five adults, and space gets tight.

• 1 month later...

We just did 7 Days to Mexico (Again) with two kids. We did a balcony room for all 4 of us. Couch turned into a bed and then we made sure to get the room with a drop down bed from the ceiling. Easy and Easy and kept the cost down from having two rooms.

Yeah we had to push and prod a bit on showers etc but it let us spend money in other places instead on additional accommodations.

On the Miracle, we had a balcony cabin that connected to an inside cabin, which was perfect for us and 2 kids. These cabins are very far forward on decks 5,6,7 and unique to this class of ship.

this is the way to go on the spirit ships. not a lot of people know about them. there are only 6 sets of these connecting rooms. the very last far forward balcony on these decks connect to an interior and are great for adults in the balcony and kids in the interior. than you have 2 bathrooms and 2 tv's. but these rooms go fast and you can't book them online they don't show up as being available you have to call and specifically ask for them. and when you do the carnival rep on the phone might not even know about them. (many times i called for these rooms and been told there are no balcony rooms that connect to interior rooms on any carnival cruise ship) i have cruised in these rooms 5 times on the pride with my kids. the first cruise with them my daughter was 2 and my son 5 so it made us feel better knowing they were in a non balcony room. the downfall of the spirit ships are that the only connecting rooms besides these are only between balcony rooms and also suites. no interior to interior rooms connect and no ocean view to ocean view rooms connect.

-here are the balcony to interior room numbers. you should have the room numbers when you call because most times they won't know they exist.

-5108 extended balcony 8J connects to 5106 4B interior

-5107 extended balcony 8J connects to 5105 4B interior

-6112 balcony 8C connects to 6108 4C

-6115 balcony 8C connects to 6109 4C

-7108 balcony 8D connects to 7106 4D

-7107 balcony 8D connects to 7105 4D

the rooms on the 5th deck are like 10 steps to camp carnival. very convenient to bring the kids back to the room at night. but can also be loud with kids running down the hall to go to camp carnival. these rooms go fast and i usually book them 8 months in advance at the latest.

Hi all

Thanks for your help

Several considerations go into choosing a cabin. You've mentioned two of them (cost and space). Since you are talking about connected rooms, I assume you are not interested in getting a balcony and an interior room across the hall.

However, if you can afford two interior cabins, I would suggest you look into some special cabins that are on the Spirit class ships (the Miracle is a Spirit class ship).

1) 6279 or 7301 These two cabins are larger balcony cabins that sleep four. If they are available they will offer you more room and probably cost less than two insides. In fact, even a small suite is probably be about the same cost as two interior cabins.

2) The category 4K cabins on deck four. These are interior cabins with French door that open to the outside air. However, your view of the ocean will be limited since the lifeboats are just outside your French doors.

3) Another consideration of two cabins verse one is the second bathroom and more privacy.

4) Another consideration is that the cabins are priced for two (even if they hold three or four). If you get two cabins, you will pay four FULL fares. If you get one cabin (including the 6279, 7301, or a suite) the first two pay full fare and the third and fourth person pay a reduced or discounted fare.

D5-2.jpg

We were just on the Miracle and had a balcony room that sleeps 4. My two sons like to play video games on their laptops late at night and order room service, so this time, we hung a curtain between the beds. I like to go to bed early, so this gave me privacy from the room service attendant as he came into our cabin to lay the food tray on the table.

The only time it felt cramped was when we were getting ready for dinner. All 4 of us moving about, taking showers and getting dressed. Other than that it was fine.

On the Miracle, we had a balcony cabin that connected to an inside cabin, which was perfect for us and 2 kids. These cabins are very far forward on decks 5,6,7 and unique to this class of ship.

This is a freaking awesome bit of knowledge about cabin set up.

I would get a second room rather than cram 4 people into a single cabin, unless the kids are REALLY little, like pre-kindergarten. It's a little more but not double the price as a single cabin, but having an extra bathroom is worth it. So instead of paying Full Price, Full Price, Half Price, Half Price (which is 3 times full price) you pay 4 full prices.... so it's about 33% more than a single cabin. Well worth it.

We have done balcony and interior across the hall from each other, and that has been great. We have a cruise booked this year where we have two balcony rooms next door. Kids are high schoolers now, so "officially" we are booked mom & daughter in one, dad and son in another... but we will likely not stay that way in reality.

We were in 7108 and 7106. We had to call our PVP to get it and got the last one. The great thing about it is the price of the interior is lower than the balcony so there is a bit of savings. Also so great having the extra storage and bathroom. I liked the fact that there was only one balcony since our kids were only 4 and 7. You will feel the ship motion that far forward but got used to it but take precautions if you get sea sick. Wish more ships had that layout.

If this is your first cruise you will be fine.

My first cruise we did 5 of us to an inside room-- we had a blast.

But subsequent cruises it was not all that much to get the kids across the hall from us

You got two beds on the floor a convertible sofa and an upper bed above the sofa. the sofa will have 2 drawers under for storage. Have each kid use a drawer to unpack.

I got over the door shoe holders-- one for inside the bathroom for bathroom stuff and one for the outside bathroom door. each person got a row. Nothing on the one vanity table.

Once the cabin does not stay organized it will close in on you.