Anyone done the Anthem 7-Day itinerary?

atnolan94

I know anthem typically sails long 12 day sailings to hit all the ports in the eastern caribbean and bahamas. And they do particularly short sailings to bermuda.

But, has anyone done the 7-day itinerary from Bayonne? The stops are Port Canaveral, CocoCay, and Nassau.

Just looking for reviews and insight, but I just haven't seen much. It seems like they do these 7 day sailings only around Holidays and Spring break when more families are cruising.

We did it a year ago for Thanksgiving, and will do it again next Thanksgiving.

What kind of information are you curious about?

The ports are not overly spectacular- many don't like Nassau and CocoCay can be risky in November; not really much to do in Canaveral.

But we enjoyed the trip enough to do it again.

I just came back from the thanksgiving 7 days.

I have been to about 15 cruises and I have to say this is by far my least favorite. We lost 2 days to cold weather where we cannot enjoy the pool deck as much as we like. The north star were shut down on first and last day due to high wind.

Itinerary wise, port canaveral do not really have much where most stay on the ship. Coco cay was a hit/ miss as weather condition might affect tender boats. While the ship did call the port, but tendering was quite a mess, and once again a lot of people didn't bother to get off the ship due to bad arrangement on tender. Nassau was finallg a good day for us.

Unless you really like the ship and you do not mind the many sea days, potential of not getting off the ship or not so excited port, I would not recommend it. At least I don't think I will do the itinerary again.

Just go off this cruise on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went in to it knowing that we would NOT be out and about on the deck the first and last sea days due to the cold weather, but there is PLENTY to do inside! The ship has a gorgeous solarium w/ pool & hot tubs, another inside pool, the beautiful Two70 venue, and the seaplex to enjoy.

We did stand in line for the North Star on day 1, which was eventually shut down due to the high winds. However, we had already made reservations to go on it during the 1st full sea day so it wasn't a huge issue (minus standing in the cold for 30 minutes!).

It's not a cruise with a ton of activities to do in the ports. Port Canaveral is either a beach day or the space center, Cococay is another beach day, which only leaves Nassau. We spent our time in Port Canaveral at the Merritt Island National Wildfire Refuge which we liked. We didn't bother getting tender tickets to Cococay as we thought after 11:30 it would open up to those who were left and we were in no rush to get over to the island. I think due to the weather & tendering issues it opened up around 1:30 to those who did not have tickets and that's when we finally made our way over. The weather was in the 70s in all three ports which was a nice change from the snow we drove to the ship in.

If you are someone who cruises to enjoy the sun and outdoor activities, it's not a good option. Also not a good option if you enjoy ports with MANY things to do!

Just go off this cruise on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went in to it knowing that we would NOT be out and about on the deck the first and last sea days due to the cold weather

Dipndotter, I agree with you. We were aware of the cold weather that's why even though nj/ny is out home port we usually opt to fly down to FL. This is the first cruise where we have 2 young kids and an elderly with us, so we use NJ for the convenience factor. I just think that with the cold days, three days warm weather seems very short. Think I wouldn't mind a 10 days itinerary to offset the cold days and make the trip itself more worthwhile.

While it is my least favorite, I didn't hate it though. It's a vacation afterall.

We also disembarked on Sunday after the Thanksgiving 2016 7-day on Anthem of the Seas.

I would say we had 4 warm weather days and 2 cold weather days (plus a cold weather embarkation day).

Anthem of the Seas seems like the perfect ship for this itinerary. Yes, there are 2 days where the weather is too cold for outdoor activities, but the ship itself is well built for dealing with this fact. There are plenty of indoor activities to enjoy. I thought the Seaplex was well thought out, but depending on your interests this may not appeal to you. We enjoyed rollerskating and bumper cars at the seaplex and there are lots of other activities there for kids. The indoor pool is pretty nice too.

I guess we were lucky and the North Star closures did not affect us. We managed a ride at sunset on the first day in the cold and beat the wind closure. But weather, no matter where or when you cruise can happen.

As a "destination" cruise, I would agree that this itinerary isn't all that interesting. But as a "hang out on a neat ship" cruise, it's great. My mom is a fan of transatlantic cruises with few or no port days. She had fun on this cruise and only left the ship at Cococay because we dragged her off.

I did overhear someone mentioning that they would prefer to fly to FL and cruise from there. I think that is a valid point. For us, sailing out of NJ was worth the 2 cold days for the convenience. If you are flying anyway, then I would say forget it and just fly to FL instead!

I did overhear someone mentioning that they would prefer to fly to FL and cruise from there. I think that is a valid point. For us, sailing out of NJ was worth the 2 cold days for the convenience. If you are flying anyway, then I would say forget it and just fly to FL instead!

One comment about that- for us- since we have to fly to all cruises, going to New York is actually a feature for us.

Even though it was cold the evening we were there, we still had a great time, and look forward to getting there in the early evening. We have stayed in New Jersey, and took the train into Manhattan.

Since we were aware of the cold (this wasn't our first cold weather departure), we were ready for it.

One comment about that- for us- since we have to fly to all cruises, going to New York is actually a feature for us.

Even though it was cold the evening we were there, we still had a great time, and look forward to getting there in the early evening. We have stayed in New Jersey, and took the train into Manhattan.

Since we were aware of the cold (this wasn't our first cold weather departure), we were ready for it.

We plan to be in New Jersey at end of April. We want to take the train into Manhattan also. Anything you suggest to do once we get there?

We plan to be in New Jersey at end of April. We want to take the train into Manhattan also. Anything you suggest to do once we get there?

Come to the East Coast Departures Board to ask this question. The amount of time it takes to get into NYC depends on your hotel location.

Good info all, it is about what i figured.

I am into cruising for the ships. I think they're just fascinating, so of course I am ecstatic to try Anthem. I can do it on any ship any, any itinerary, But I want to make plans for the other three in my group (DW and 2 close friends). but I think there are enough indoor activities (Read drinking) to keep the ladies happy :D

Though I would kill for a Charleston stop on Anthem...not sure if that dock is big enough though. Charleston is our favorite place, we got engaged there!

FWIW, we are going March 12 for spring break. I think the Bahamas will be a touch warmer than November but New Jersey/New York may still be interesting!

Edited by atnolan94

We are flying into LaGuardia the day before and will stay in Manhattan, which we are REALLY looking forward to!

We didn't bother getting tender tickets to Cococay as we thought after 11:30 it would open up to those who were left and we were in no rush to get over to the island. I think due to the weather & tendering issues it opened up around 1:30 to those who did not have tickets and that's when we finally made our way over.

They had tender tickets for Cococay? I never saw that on Quantum or Anthem.

We did it a year ago for Thanksgiving, and will do it again next Thanksgiving.

What kind of information are you curious about?

The ports are not overly spectacular- many don't like Nassau and CocoCay can be risky in November; not really much to do in Canaveral.

But we enjoyed the trip enough to do it again.

We almost booked it this week. But as you say ports are not really inspiring

So we went for Jewel and Southern Caribbean. The inconvenient flights trumped the unspectacular itinerary

Uh.. it's Manhattan, there's a LOT to do. So much that it's really up to the person doing it. :D

Go to a show on Broadway.

Eat a great dinner someplace.

Central Park.

Any of the museums

One World Trade- the view is great.

Brooklyn Bridge

Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Most people are there for a long weekend as a minimum. We get one afternoon.

Just go off this cruise on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went in to it knowing that we would NOT be out and about on the deck the first and last sea days due to the cold weather, but there is PLENTY to do inside! The ship has a gorgeous solarium w/ pool & hot tubs, another inside pool, the beautiful Two70 venue, and the seaplex to enjoy.

We did stand in line for the North Star on day 1, which was eventually shut down due to the high winds. However, we had already made reservations to go on it during the 1st full sea day so it wasn't a huge issue (minus standing in the cold for 30 minutes!).

It's not a cruise with a ton of activities to do in the ports. Port Canaveral is either a beach day or the space center, Cococay is another beach day, which only leaves Nassau. We spent our time in Port Canaveral at the Merritt Island National Wildfire Refuge which we liked. We didn't bother getting tender tickets to Cococay as we thought after 11:30 it would open up to those who were left and we were in no rush to get over to the island. I think due to the weather & tendering issues it opened up around 1:30 to those who did not have tickets and that's when we finally made our way over. The weather was in the 70s in all three ports which was a nice change from the snow we drove to the ship in.

If you are someone who cruises to enjoy the sun and outdoor activities, it's not a good option. Also not a good option if you enjoy ports with MANY things to do!

I am doing this cruise on the 16th and I was wondering what you mean by tender tickets for coco kay? How do you get them? Is it something you have to do ahead of time? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I am doing this cruise on the 16th and I was wondering what you mean by tender tickets for coco kay? How do you get them? Is it something you have to do ahead of time? Thanks!

If a stop requires tender tickets, the process will be explained on board. It's nothing you can do pre-cruise.

I don't know if you are into Disney, but they have a 10 hour excursion where they provide transportation only. It takes about an hour each way, but you would still have 8 hours in the park, which is more than enough for me.

We are doing that on our December 16th cruise. I am very excited and will definitely post a review afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app