New England/Canada Independence Day

claudiniusmaximus

Lots of great things to do in Boston on the 4th. We found a fundraiser for a sailing club for kids that was situated right on the river near the Boston Pops bandshell area. We sat on deck chairs and enjoyed the fireworks after a day walking the Liberty Trail downtown.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Long shot if you are still around as your post was from awhile back. We are sailing this itinerary on Celebrity this July 2018. I also happened across this fundraising event and did some checking into it. Looks like a great venue to watch the fireworks. I do have a question, how did you get to the location and then back to the ship. Community Boating suggests taking public transportation.

Wonlife4,

My husband, 15 YO son, and myself are looking into doing this as well. In case we don't get an answer from those that did this last year, would you like to look into getting together to either figure out local transportation or share transportation costs?

I have done a lot of research and I think this is the best bet for both fireworks, Boston Pops, and food doesn't sound bad either....

Thanks,

Stephanie

Wonlife4,

My husband, 15 YO son, and myself are looking into doing this as well. In case we don't get an answer from those that did this last year, would you like to look into getting together to either figure out local transportation or share transportation costs?

I have done a lot of research and I think this is the best bet for both fireworks, Boston Pops, and food doesn't sound bad either....

Thanks,

Stephanie

That would be great to get together on the ship to make a plan, especially coming back to the ship after the fireworks. From my research it sounds like using metro transportation is the best option. From what I have discovered and after emailing Community Boating there is a bus station outside the cruise port and then you transfer to the train which takes you within easy walking distance of Community Boating. I have also read that in the past there is no charge to ride the Metro after the fireworks. I have not heard if this will be the case this year.

I did purchase my tickets yesterday. Sounds like a very good option and yes the food sounds great. I also like that, even though it is not cheap, much of the money goes to support their youth sailing programs.