Upgrade Question - Time Sensitive

Jamericannn

What would you do?

I have an inside stateroom on the Lido deck. Carnival just emailed me to upgrade to an oceanview on the main deck for an additional $70. I chose the interior on the lido because I will not be in my room very much and I love the lido (close to stuff). The $70 fee is not much but then I would be giving up my Lido.... What would you do?

I would have jumped on the offer, but having natural light in the cabin is important to me, and I couldn't care less, whether I'm close to the "stuff" on lido deck.

From your post, it sounds like you made the right decision based on what is important to you, so you shouldn't worry about what others would have done. ;)

Except there are no OV cabins on lido... only inside or balcony. I would stay on lido...

There are ocean views at the very front on Lido. Floor to ceiling windows. Referee to as "Scenic Oceanviews". More expensive than regular ocean views. They did not give me those choices as part of upgrade. Only main.

We ONLY book Lido balcony cabins!!:D:D

You definitely made the right choice, especially if you don't plan on being in your room that much.

You cannot beat the location of a lido cabin. So convenient to everything.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!:D

You did right to stay put. Not much of an upgrade if they are asking you to pay an additional $70. They will make much more off of your Lido room than an OV on the main deck. Carnival being Carnival. I like the Balcony on the Lido, just wishing, but I always settle for a balcony on any deck. I like to drink my coffee early in the AM when the ship is cruising, sitting on the balcony. I Love the smell of the sea... :)

My last cruise was on the main deck (2). All previous cruises were deck 6 and 7, and my next cruise I'm again on 2. I'd LOVE to be up on the lido and have considered seeing if I could change my room for June, but I got a Deluxe O/V with the additional bathroom ... so I don't know. I really like that idea - I've never had one.

There are ocean views at the very front on Lido. Floor to ceiling windows. Referee to as "Scenic Oceanviews". More expensive than regular ocean views. They did not give me those choices as part of upgrade. Only main.

I had one of those last year on the Glory, loved it, but had to book it WAY ahead, and they are only on a handful of ships. Some that don't have them have 4J rooms (considered inside with obstructed view, kinda an oxymoron? lol) with a window, I book them whenever possible :)

I did not see where you said what ship, since those cabins are only on a few ships I did not include them... now if THISE were for $70 then in a heartbeat!!

I did not see where you said what ship, since those cabins are only on a few ships I did not include them... now if THISE were for $70 then in a heartbeat!!

Glory. They are not offering the Scenic Oceanviews for upgrade; only the regular Oceanviews on main deck