Luggage storage in Honolulu

restasured

We will be on the POA in December and will arrive at the airport at 6am and would like to do some "tourist" stuff before sailing that evening. I know there is a luggage storage both at the airport and at Pier 2, (for a fee) but wanted to know if the storage at the Pier is open early, like 8 or 9am. We would drop our luggage at the storage and pick it later in the day and check in after getting our luggage. We are only taking carryon's and backpacks so will tote our stuff with us. I have had a "challenge" getting a direct answer from NCL about this, though the last person I talked with is actually in Honolulu at the Marriott. They evidently have a service center for NCL at the Marriott and she was helpful, but couldn't give me a completely direct yes or no as to if embarking passengers can drop their luggage off early, like 8 or 9am. Disembarkation seems to be a no brainer, as you are already at the pier and on the inside of the fence, but not sure about embarking passengers.

Anyone every used the embarkation luggage drop off?

Aloha - short answer is yes.

POA is usually back at HNL by 7 AM for easy disembarkation and when we leisurely disembarked, the luggage storage was already open (around 8:30) as I'm sure there're folks spending the rest of the morning/afternoon sightseeing before catching the evening/red-eye flights back to the mainland.

Actually, I don't remember (as it's been a few years for us since doing POA) if luggage dropoff was already open - if you don't need your bigger pieces, just check them in thru the ship & complete your check-in, get your Guest Key Cards issued - then, exit the terminal & enjoy HNL for 3/4 of the day :D

Upon returning, just go thru security, show your Key Card & proceed up to the gangway, etc. Otherwise, confirm what time the luggage service is open till for the afternoon & return by ... head over to the check-in counter & do the rest - Mahalo.