Malcom Burn

Raxter54

We've sailed with Malcolm three times, first as ACD in 2005 on Conquest and then twice as CD, both out of NYC. While he's not my favorite CD, I like him - nice guy. We had the chance to talk to him couple of times. And the "woo hoo" never bothered me.

Opinions obviously vary. I've never been on a cruise with him, but I have had the experience of having the same CD on different cruises - example, I've been on 3 cruises with Matt Michum as CD - on 2 he was very personable and outgoing - loved him - then on the 3rd he was very quiet and you didn't see him around. My guess is, he was probably not feeling well on that 3rd cruise.

I worked on CCL ships back in the day and there is no "calling in sick" if you had certain positions - like CD. You have to preform and there are times when that can be really difficult. So, that may be the reason some people say he was great and others that he was quiet and "lazy."

According to the new CD schedule John Heald posted on his blog, the CD for our upcoming Freedom cruise will be Malcom Burn. Has anyone experienced him as CD, or have an opinion on how he handles the job? Thanks!

We've sailed with him twice and honestly...if I found out I was going to be on a ship where he was the CD again, I would probably throw myself overboard.:p After two days, his high pitched "c'mere!"s kinda got on my nerves especially after my son started imitating him and doing it pretty much non stop.

It WAS funny to watch him try to do the Whip/NaeNae dance and split his (probably expensive) suit pants one night though.:D

Our favorite CDs have been Kirk Benning (who I think is now an entertainment director), Jen Baxter and Matey McAleavy (I think that's how you spell his last name).

I'm gonna admit...I prefer to sail with a British CD, because they've always been way more laid back than the American-born CDs we've sailed with for the most part. Jen is an absolute hoot and we love her to death.

Edited by IPlayWithString

We LOVED Malcolm! He helped my son to propose to his girlfriend at the beginning of the Welcome Aboard Show! He really played the part well. So Funny!! Great seeing him throughout the cruise and recognizing my son and his fiance' when he saw them!

Loved his sense of humor as he always says WOOHOO!! Lots of passengers started saying it too.

having sailed with several different CD's, and heard or read the varying opinions on many of them, I can say that a CD can't "make or break" a cruise for my DW and me. However, out of all our cruises, the first two CD's that come to mind are Malcolm and the girl from SC, I think Resa or something like that. Malcolm because he was an outrageous blast!!!! His antics, and that Whoo Hoo!! made for a fun week. Unfortunately, everyone in our group still does the Whoo Hoo, and it's been several years, lol. Now, the girl from SC... might as well been watching paint dry. Very bland, not entertaining, and frankly only saw her face to face once the whole cruise. Again, a CD just doesn't have the that type of impact for us. JMO

I've only been on 1 cruise...the Freedom in October 2016. Malcolm was the cruise director and he did an awesome job! We've even considered scheduling our next cruise by what ship he'll be on.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Forums mobile app

You could be a stalker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sailed with him twice, and consider him the absolute worst C.D. in the Carnival fleet. Nowhere to be found, and totally into himself. Lazy, and annoying.

"SKY"

Wow. Suspect comment. How can a CD be lazy? Into himself? Do you have special expectations that weren't met? I find that the CD is the least of my concern on a cruise.