Good and bad BC Balconies Deck 9 Jade ??

jaja

Hi all...never have sailed Jade and have not done a balcony in years.....booked yesterday for Oct 2017. Rep assigned me a cabin (9636) ...I had others in mind...but we got distracted on our call and I did not get chance to discuss it.

Did some research...do see cabins below and above..but also lifeboats below ...

Do they affect view from deck 9? Any other problems with this selection?

While it is still early...and could change...any other BCs better?

Thanks

Edited by jaja

Cabin 9636

Nov 2010

Norwegian Jade - Western Med By: Alan J Gregory

Good Balcony Stateroom well equiped Being on the port side we had brillant wiews.

Read entire member review >>

I saw this review on your cabin. Hope it is helpful

Cabin 9636

Nov 2010

Norwegian Jade - Western Med By: Alan J Gregory

Good Balcony Stateroom well equiped Being on the port side we had brillant wiews.

Read entire member review >>

I saw this review on your cabin. Hope it is helpful

Thank you....! PS--our cruise is stopping at PEI!!!:D..One of the reasons we booked...never been there or Quebec

I just realized that we were in cabin 9638 on the Jade which is next to the one you have been assigned. Here are some photos. Sorry about the mess in the cabin but I didn’t think to take pictures until we had been living in it for a couple of days. The first photo is a view from our balcony looking toward the rear of the ship. As you can see the lifeboats aren’t an issue.

a14fly.jpg

2s99388.jpg

2u60jo2.jpg

2uysxw6.jpg

2mdlyqs.jpg

10s6drm.jpg

I just realized that we were in cabin 9638 on the Jade which is next to the one you have been assigned. Here are some photos. Sorry about the mess in the cabin but I didn’t think to take pictures until we had been living in it for a couple of days. The first photo is a view from our balcony looking toward the rear of the ship. As you can see the lifeboats aren’t an issue.

Thanks so much...As I said..it has been years since in a balcony...(suites are just way too expensive anymore :eek:)....

Did you find any noise from lifeboat mechanism ? or from anything else..?

Thank you....! PS--our cruise is stopping at PEI!!!:D..One of the reasons we booked...never been there or Quebec

There are more and more cruisers hitting PEI every year, especially Sept & Oct. I hope the weather holds and your trip is everything you dreamed of

• 3 months later...

question: is the Jade a clone of the Gem? (or vice versa.) because that's where we'll be on our cruise, so the room and view should be the same, right?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

question: is the Jade a clone of the Gem? (or vice versa.) because that's where we'll be on our cruise, so the room and view should be the same, right?

The Gem was the last of the four Jewel class of ships to be built. There are subtle differences in the ships but overall they are all pretty much the same. All four have the lifeboats tucked in on deck 8 so they don’t interfere with the view from the balconies above. The Jewel was built in 2005 and was followed by the Jade, then the Pearl, and then the Gem built in 2007.

thanks! very cool. i did not know that about the life boats. although on our cruise on DCL Fantasy, it was kind of comforting knowing if we fell off the balcony, we'd just end up on a life boat. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all...never have sailed Jade and have not done a balcony in years.....booked yesterday for Oct 2017. Rep assigned me a cabin (9636) ...I had others in mind...but we got distracted on our call and I did not get chance to discuss it.

Did some research...do see cabins below and above..but also lifeboats below ...

Do they affect view from deck 9? Any other problems with this selection?

While it is still early...and could change...any other BCs better?

Thanks

if you really want to look onto the balconey/cabin of the people below you then you probably won't be able to get a good look into their room. otherwise, you are fine. {i really hope you realize the sarcasm there}