Miracle-Panama Canal

disneylover89

I am interested in cruising the Panama Canal in 2018. Carnival has an 8 day on the Miracle. Most other cruise companies have 10-20 day cruises which is a little too long for me right now. I love Carnival but I have read some horrible reviews about the ship. What is your opinion of this ship? Should I cruise on the Miracle or wait until the timing is better for a longer cruise?

I'm doing that 8 day April 14th 2018. So excited! I love the Legend and miracle is her sister ship. The layout is great and she had a drydock not long ago. The decor is a little funky from what I hear, but that doesn't matter to me.

Scored a bowling alley balcony too!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

We did an 8 day on the Miracle a few years back and loved it. The ship did not go through the canal, but we were able to take an excursion that included transit through one of the locks. If the ship does a partial transit, I would do that again in a heartbeat, but wouldn't go to Panama again just to go through the locks. Loved the Miracle, had an aft extended balcony.

We will be on the Miracle again in December 2017 going to Hawaii.

Ship is fine but didnt get the good 2.0 stuff. It will not go thru Canal just to the port and you can take excursions off the ship to see what you wish.

Not true. She will got through the Gatun Locks, turn around in Gatun Lake and sail back out through the locks. No port stop so no tours. EM

We sail on the Miracle a lot and we just love her. There is lots to do and the entertainment is very good. We go to Nick and Nora's Steak House once each cruise and it is superb by any measure. Also the meals on the Lido deck provide lots of variety.

Enjoy!

We love love the Miracle. We have sailed on her 3 times. I don't pay to much attention to the decor I go for the cruising and always get the corner aft. Love sitting out there and watch time pass me by. I also agree with Nick and Nora's. Our last time there it was the best steak ever in any of the ships. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. She will got through the Gatun Locks, turn around in Gatun Lake and sail back out through the locks. No port stop so no tours. EM

Think I would rather get off and do an excursion and go to visitor center of one of the locks and watch ship go thru.

Been there three times and saw Colonb once plus locks, Indian village and last time Panama City. Three excellent tours.