Getting off ship a day early

brian_uk

Yes that's fine. It's the same country (UAE) and 50+ people did precisely that on my recent Azamara cruise in that region. Just go see Guest Relations early in the cruise to inform them of your plans. Most likely you will need to be able to drag your own luggage of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Celebrity Website FAQ

Can I Join My Cruise After It Starts Or Disembark Before It Ends?

It depends on the specific itinerary of your cruise, your nationality, and various United States and foreign laws. Joining the cruise at one of its ports of call or leaving the cruise prior to its scheduled termination point may be prohibited by law. If you need to join late or leave early, or both, submit your request in advance and we will tell you whether your proposed changes will be permitted.

For more information, call 800-256-6649. There is a cut-off date for submitting this information, so make your request early. Please note that no refunds, prorated or otherwise, are granted to customers who join their cruise late or leave their cruise early. Certain governments impose fines or other charges when a guest permanently disembarks from a cruise before its final port of call. The guest will be responsible for those charges.

-----------------

All that being said, you are at one of the easy places to make your request happen. If you are from the UK, that phone number won't work but contact your travel agent to arrange this "downline disembarkation request"

Just put in a request to X and I cannot think of a problem but one never knows

But why, both cities are great visits. As mentioned above, they are not far apart.

PS, if you can, stay in a areas near the gold markets in Dubai, enough said

I have called Celebrity with this exact question.

The answer was a “yes” and there is an email address that they will provide to you for the early disembarkation request. Once the request has gone through, they will arrange with you, early disembarkation at the time that you have requested.

Heather

I was recently on a Silhouette TA that on its way to Southampton stopped at Le Havre. About 300 passengers disembarked at Le Havre including the passengers next to out cabin. Talking with them he said it's no big deal, just have to let Guest Relations know.

We did the Century in 2015 Singapore to Dubai and took the 7 Emirates tour that was 18 hours long. Great tour.

We were able to see the magnificent Mosque in Abu Dhabi. I suggest that you leave the ship at Abu Dhabi, visit the mosque and then find transport to Dubai.

It's a relatively short distance between Abu Dhabi and Dubai (about 90 mins in a car / coach). Taxi's would cost about £60

I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Dubai and drove down to Abu Dhabi. The roads are great and the signs are in English and Arabic.