Koningsdam balcony cabins

porrah

We took a VH guarantee for our upcoming Koningsdam cruise and have just received our assignmentin VD 5201. There is a cross at one end of the balcony. Is this a lifeboat? I am trying to find out if the balcony is obstructed. I have tried googling, doing a fake booking to no avail, then I realized that someone here is sure to know. Is VD better than VH? Are we obstructed? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you look at the chart immediately next to your room on the HAL website, ship deck plans, the cross means your room can be a connecting room.

Yes, a VD is better than a VH. No, it is not obstructed.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Congrats on your upgrade.

We had 5070 for our Nov 13th cruise - same cabin design, different location on the deck but was not a connecting one. No complaints from us. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your cruise.

Hope you've been reading the recent "live from" posts to help get you amped up for your cruise.

We hope that your neighbors on the other side of the connecting door are quiet and do not get the cruise cough. We could hear every word, cough and argument from the people next to us on the Koningsdam. The ship was full, so there was nowhere for us to move.