Celebrity X Credit Card

scubamommy!

We got this card about two years ago for our last cruise. Since then have used it a TON to rack up the points ( we just pay it all off every month). My question is, besides the points, which we intend to redeem on this cruise, I heard that if we use it to pay for our balance for this cruise there is a discount of some kind. Any truth to this? We are booked through a travel agent, if that makes any difference? Thanks for any info.

We got this card about two years ago for our last cruise. Since then have used it a TON to rack up the points ( we just pay it all off every month). My question is, besides the points, which we intend to redeem on this cruise, I heard that if we use it to pay for our balance for this cruise there is a discount of some kind. Any truth to this? We are booked through a travel agent, if that makes any difference? Thanks for any info.

Don't know of a discount, but you do get 2X points for $ spent on Celebrity (fares, onboard purchases, etc).

You are correct, there is a discount available with the Premium card that has a yearly fee. It is not tied to paying for a sailing tho.

$300 discount on a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom, after making at least $5,000 in transactions within your first 60 days*

Edited by wallie5446

You are correct, there is a discount available with the Premium card that has a yearly fee. It is not tied to paying for a sailing tho.

$300 discount on a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom, after making at least $5,000 in transactions within your first 60 days*

Thank you Wallie! We did all that, so I think we will qualify. I knew it was something, I just couldn't remember what. Thank you!

I have the Celebrity card that doesn't incur a fee. When I have enough points to redeem, I call Bank of America who is plugged into the Captain's Club. For every 15k points, I can take $150. off my cruise balance. I was able to do that twice on my upcoming Reflection cruise. If you prefer, you can also redeem for OBC; since I have a very generous OBC, I opted to take the $$$ off the balance. They immediately send me a confirmation e-mail, which I forward to my travel agent so she's aware of the new balance.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks everyone! We also have a generous OBC this time since we booked on board with a great deal to boot, so I called in my points as a payment to the cruise itself and got $500 off! Not to shabby! Not to shabby at all! ;)

Excellent.

Also remember you get a Comp Speciality dinner. We got a letter from BOA about using it. I'll try and find it.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Scubamommy1,

I hadn't heard of the comp specialty dining perk either until I read it here. I called BOA and was told that it is a "buy one meal/get one 1/2 off" deal...but it is also limited to the upgraded credit card. Mine is the "no charge" card so I am not eligible. Give a call; perhaps you can use it.

• 1 month later...

I just got one of these X cards—the one with the $69 annual fee. I haven't had fee cards before, but it seems like this one is worth it: $50 off your airfare, $175 OBC, plus $300 off a future 7-day at concierge class or above if you charge 5k in the first 60 days. I assume that 300 off can be combined with other discounts like residency discounts?