Walkie Talkies aboard Allure?

We will be on Allure in January and we want to know if anyone has first hand knowledge about using walkie talkies to stay in touch while aboard? I'm trying to find out if they work (well? have interference? are a good idea?) If they are a good idea, then what kind are good? If they aren't a good idea, what are other options besides spending lots of money on cellphones or internet packages? We've not been on a ship this size before and are a little concerned about staying in touch.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.

They are more of a nuisance than a reliable way of communicating.

Years ago:

We take erasable markers and leave messages on the bathroom mirrors for important meetings or times.

DD used to have to update us every two hours by leaving a message on cabin phone.

DD had to find us before doing anything adventorous, like rock climbing or swimming.

Now

We just invest in the WIFI program......

And being in a CL on Allure everyone in suite gets one device free, and we use our smart phones to text.

Safe travels

We used a pair of Motorola T80's on Oasis this September , for when my partner went scuba diving while I stayed on board. Had no issues at all communicating hen she got back on board and wanted to locate where I was

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure how using walkie talkies is being disrespectful to fellow passengers any more so than those passengers walking deck side or on the promenade shouting into cell phones to find the location of family/friends

I'm not sure how using walkie talkies is being disrespectful to fellow passengers any more so than those passengers walking deck side or on the promenade shouting into cell phones to find the location of family/friends

This is also disrespectful to people around you :)

The difference between other passengers and myself is that my walkie talkies are equipped for use with headphones, which we used so there was no disruption/ annoyance to fellow cruisers