cabin difference Royal minis M107, 108, L107, 108.

sun&sea

On little tip for M107/108, there is a two prong european plugin under the bed closer to the far night stand.

The lamp uses that plug but I use it with the adapter for a charging station in the open shelve of the night stand.

Morning Sun&Sea,

We were not able to get into the M107/108 cabins to determine if these are identical to the L107/108 configurations.

Cabin doors are closed during embarkation and we did walk-off disembarkation morning before these cabins were vacated.

You might give a shout-out to Clampram (Emily) as they were staying in M108 and may have feedback/pictures.

A ship officer explained that the white space on Marina deck (next to M107) is a short hall and access stairs to the ships bridge below.

This is used by ships officers/crew to quickly access equipment mounted on the bow of Marina deck on the roof of the bridge.

We encountered a bridge officer performing an inspection of this space, he said inspections are done once per shift.

He indicated they come up from Deck 14 via the stairs and use the small corridor located between M101/102 to access the equipment.

(my bad for not asking whit this 'equipment' is that is covered in blue tarp)

He indicated they come up from Deck 14 via the stairs and use the small corridor located between M101/102 to access the equipment.

(my bad for not asking whit this 'equipment' is that is covered in blue tarp)

During a bridge tour on the Royal last year the Captain said that that equipment is the emergency bridge. Every cruise ship built in the last few years has to have an emergency bridge (different location) where the captain can control the ship in case of fire, etc. I guess one deck up is sufficient to satisfy the requirement.

On little tip for M107/108, there is a two prong european plugin under the bed closer to the far night stand.

The lamp uses that plug but I use it with the adapter for a charging station in the open shelve of the night stand.

Is this kind of adapter readily available? Could a small travel fan be plugged in there?

Janet

Edited by sun&sea

We had one of the forward facing minis on the Regal last year (L106) and had ZERO issues with wind. Sure, if you stood right at the rail, you could feel the wind, but it wasn't unbearable. No wind on the deck when sitting in loungers, etc.

We are booked in L108 next year on the Regal. It's a corner mini, and I flip flopped about 4 times before I decided on that vs. M108. From the videos I watched, we liked the layout of the cabin better, even though it looks like the balcony is smaller than M108. We also felt like it was a bit more private - no one can look down from above and in that section of the ship, there are only 63 cabins. Loved the Lido deck location too - steps to the pool and a short walk across the pool deck to the buffet.

Hope this helps.

Edited by shutterbug63

I was in M107 on the Royal this past 12/10-20. Loved the cabin, and balcony. The balcony door is unlocked at all times. The balcony was pretty much unusable while at sea the first couple days; we were heading east at 20 knots or so, and the wind was blowing out of the east just as hard, it seemed. The furniture( 4 padded wood chairs, 2 padded wooden recliners, large round wooden table, one or two wooden end tables) spent most of that time tucked underneath the deckrails. I was talking with my neighbor in M109 across our partition, and the wind noise made it very difficult to hear what he was saying, so I ended up nodding a lot, not entirely sure what I was agreeing with. Wind was not much of an issue during port stays. The voyage back west made for much less wind across the deck. Stargazing was pretty good, as there aren't that many lights up there.

The desk has 2 american-style 120V outlets, and is about 6 feet long. I'm pretty sure the desk in L108 is about 10 feet or so. Also, the bedroom TV plugs into an outlet behind it which, if I recall correctly, has another two american-style 120V outlets.

We were just in M108 on the Royal princess last week. Loved the room (mini suite) and loved the huge balcony.

As other posters have noted, the forward speed of the ship at 20 knots makes it uncomfortable to be out there when the ship is underway. It is however, great for arriving and departing ports. There is no lock on the sliders to the balcony and you can access the balcony at any time. The furniture out there is a bit beat up but comfortable - 2 loungers, 2 chairs, 2 side tables and a large circular table. We used the balcony when entering and leaving ports but other than that it was too windy. Most likely, we would not get this room again since you can't really use the balcony as much as you may think. It would depend on the cost difference......

I do have pictures and happy to share them if you email me(emconnolly@cox.net). Cannot get them to post here....don't know why...

There is only one plug in the bedroom area, behind the bed on the right side of the bed and it is a European plug. You need a European converter to plug into it. We used that in combo with a 3 pronged US plug so we could plug in several things........I have pix of this if you need it.

My only complaint would be about the size of the bed coverings. They are so short they came to just above my waist. I had to supplement that with a blanket. While this is a small complaint, it really shouldn't be a problem in consideration of the cost of the cabin. Bed coverings should fit the bed and not be shrunk to dwarf sized. Enough said!

The cruise was wonderful and we certainly would do the Royal again!