Barbados shore excursion

vacationer2323

Good morning everyone. I know this isn't the shore excursion board but I have a question about a specific cruise excursion through Princess. Has anyone done the 'FIVE STAR SAIL, TURTLE ENCOUNTER & LUNCH' or 'CATAMARAN SAILING, TURTLE ENCOUNTER & BEACH BREAK' in Barbados? I am just wondering how the excursions were and by any chance if you know the name of the company that did the excursion? I want to book one of the excursions but I'm sure booking directly through the company is cheaper than Princess for the same excursion.

Thanks!

Good morning everyone. I know this isn't the shore excursion board but I have a question about a specific cruise excursion through Princess. Has anyone done the 'FIVE STAR SAIL, TURTLE ENCOUNTER & LUNCH' or 'CATAMARAN SAILING, TURTLE ENCOUNTER & BEACH BREAK' in Barbados? I am just wondering how the excursions were and by any chance if you know the name of the company that did the excursion? I want to book one of the excursions but I'm sure booking directly through the company is cheaper than Princess for the same excursion.

Thanks!

If the tour operator is the one selected by Princess Shorex for a port, their contract probably prevents them from accepting a reservation from a ship passenger. If they do...they can kiss the Shorex contract goodbye.

Sorry - have not been on those particular excursions, but just so you know...

You can snorkel with turtles without going on a catamaran or boat.

We did it. We got off the ship and walked over just past the Boatyard (beach area). The walk is 20- 30 minutes. From the beach, you could see where all the catamarans were anchoring and letting off all their snorkelers. We had our own snorkel gear and simply swam out to that general area. If you are an average swimmer, it is not a difficult swim. (Fins definitely make it faster). Probably about a 10 minute transit time at a comfortable snorkel speed.

Anyway, we arrived in the area and the turtles came right up to us. We saw as many and were as close to them as any of the people on the excursions.

We spent the day at the beach and swam out to the turtles twice. Total cost for the day was $10 for two chairs and an umbrella rental.

Don't get me wrong, we did plenty of excursions on other islands, but after a little research, Barbados looked like the ideal island to save a little money on, and that's what we did. Was still one of our best days in the Caribbean.

Don

I've done it that twice. Can't remember the name of the company , but they do a good job. Watch out at the snorkel site . There are usually a lot of other tour boats where the turtles are. And once someone spots a turtle it's a lot of kicking legs as people try to get to see.

I agree with Martin Jenkins. We went with Calabazza a couple of years ago. It is the best excursion we have ever taken. Great Drinks, Great Food, Great help and great owners (Mother & Son) of the catamaran. We could not have been happier. They also took alot of pictures during our snorkling and sent them to us via email for free. She also shared a lot of her recipes with us via email. You can't go wrong with Calabazza.