Oasis of the Seas Review - Eastern - November 27, 2016

Kyndal93

I agree that RCCL caters to a much older crowd in the off season. Your other option is to go in high season but then again you deal with massive amount of kids. RCCL is pushing large family groups with heavy discounts that brings kids, parents, grandparents and those dreaded scooters. Been on Carnival and they do cater to a "party" crowd. Now out of Port Canaveral the retirement communities like Lake Aston is a short drive away. Try a cruise out of the NY area, I being one of them love to "party". Celebrity cruise line part of RCCL caters to more of an upscale group of cruisers; I am not sure what is the age group or the "party" status.

I heard the high season is around March and April, near spring break. Is this true? If so, that's busy season for me at work, I'm a tax accountant. I'm not able to schedule vacations during that time. How is during May?

Yeah I've been on a few carnival, and the atmosphere was way different. Although, I've been one the lower class boats, Sensation & Paradise which were 3/4 day cruises. I'm really looking into Vista or Magic next year on a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Do you think this would be a younger crowd or would the price of the cruise bring a more older crowd once again?

and btw, I live in Orlando, so Port Canaveral is only 45 minutes away from me. I'm even a little turned off considering driving three hours to Miami, so no on the NYC port haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend went and apologized to both our neighbors, but they said they didn't call. We found out it was our neighbors 2 doors down, with the scooter outside their door, figures.

If I can hear you on your balcony after midnight, you are too loud. Figures??

If I can hear you on your balcony after midnight, you are too loud. Figures??

We were practically whispering. They had their balcony door open. If you are that light of a sleeper, maybe you should close your door

Edited by Kyndal93

We are leaving this Sunday with our 12 year old, I hope he has some kids to play with :/ Did y'all have a nice variety of drinks on the drink menu to order... were they all around the $12 range? We got the drink package so making sure we will get what we pay for ;)

Edited by justus3!

We are leaving this Sunday with our 12 year old, I hope he has some kids to play with :/ Did y'all have a nice variety of drinks on the drink menu to order... were they all around the $12 range? We got the drink package so making sure we will get what we pay for ;)

The menus weren't very extensive, but yeah every drink and cocktail, frozen or whatever, was included in our drink Package. They can make anything, they just don't have a lot of recommendations on the menu. Only one I encountered that wasn't included was champagne and anything in s souvenir cup.

We were on this cruise too! We also headed to Maho Beach but it was POURING so much that my husband got out of the van to take a few photos while the rest of us stayed inside...crowded and crazy but I'm glad he got the photos he did. Everyone in our family (group of 12) thought Johnny Rockets was terrible at breakfast too...perhaps we should have tried dinner!

The menus weren't very extensive, but yeah every drink and cocktail, frozen or whatever, was included in our drink Package. They can make anything, they just don't have a lot of recommendations on the menu. Only one I encountered that wasn't included was champagne and anything in s souvenir cup.

Awesome! We can work with that 😉 Thank you!

We were on this cruise too! We also headed to Maho Beach but it was POURING so much that my husband got out of the van to take a few photos while the rest of us stayed inside...crowded and crazy but I'm glad he got the photos he did. Everyone in our family (group of 12) thought Johnny Rockets was terrible at breakfast too...perhaps we should have tried dinner!

We had Johnny Rockets for breakfast on Day 2 and it was awful. I had eggs and bacon and my husband had some sort of omelet and both meals were as cold as if they had come straight out of the fridge. We went for burgers one afternoon and those were pretty good.

One thing we never tried but I wish we had - tapas at Vintages. They looked and sounded very good but we never made it over there. Oh well, next time.

Wow that is so opposite of the 3 x I have been on Oasis and 1x on Allure. If you go in the spring the vibe is totally opposite of what you mentioned. We have to always sail around Easter due to my husbands school teaching schedule and it's always packed with kids and teens. CrAZY vibe! Sorry you had a dull time on this awesome ship! Please try it again in the spring or summer you will enjoy it more.

It's $13 now they just haven't changed the print stuff. We had top shelf cocktails and some very nice wine and never went over.

It's $13 now they just haven't changed the print stuff. We had top shelf cocktails and some very nice wine and never went over.

That sounds even better, we are ready to grab one as soon as we get on, a Key Lime Pie Martini for me, I hope RCI still makes them have not been on one in a few years ;)