Disappointed: Anyone Ever Have This Happen? Sailing Soon & Cabin # Changed by Royal

Miracles do happen!

Royal Caribbean came through! My reservation now lists the cabin I originally booked so we are back in the aft balcony cabin! :)

Many thanks to all of you who offered your insight and suggestions. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you, and have to say that this is truly an awesome community!

Such great news!! Congrats on the happy outcome finally and enjoy your cruise! :D Do you mind sharing who and/or how this was finally resolved for you?!

So awesome!!! Way to go patriotgirl! :D

I think some RCL magic karma dust got spread on to you once Bonnie Voyager appeared on this thread... gotta love the great info and support many of the experienced CC'ers give us here :D

(edit: and regardless of a mistake or purposeful/targeted change, kudos to whomever at RCL for getting this mess back to normal and definitely the way it should be)

Wow! Thanks Hoopster! I'm pretty sure I had nothing (or less than nothing) to do with the change of events here, but I greatly appreciate your vote of confidence...you just made me feel like a ROCK STAR! :D

Woo hoo! Congrats Patrioticgirl!

Such great news!! Congrats on the happy outcome finally and enjoy your cruise! :D Do you mind sharing who and/or how this was finally resolved for you?!

I talked to numerous people in Loyalty and Resolutions between Wednesday and Saturday morning. I don't know for sure WHO finally made the change happen, but I suspect it was the email that I sent on Saturday afternoon to Michael Bayley asking for his help that made the difference.

Wow! Thanks Hoopster! I'm pretty sure I had nothing (or less than nothing) to do with the change of events here, but I greatly appreciate your vote of confidence...you just made me feel like a ROCK STAR! :D

Woo hoo! Congrats Patrioticgirl!

Rock on, Bonnie Voyager! You are a celebrity in your own right! Love ya!:)

Miracles do happen!

Royal Caribbean came through! My reservation now lists the cabin I originally booked so we are back in the aft balcony cabin! :)

Many thanks to all of you who offered your insight and suggestions. I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you, and have to say that this is truly an awesome community!

I read this whole thread and this post just made my night complete!! So glad they came through for you!! :D:D Now let's hope the party of 3 doesn't try to pull any ropes.

Edited by DisneyDatknee

I have a cruise booked for later this month; the anticipation and excitement of spending my vacation relaxing on a deck 7 corner aft balcony on a Voyager Class ship has been high. This morning, I logged into my account to retrieve my reservation number so that I could call about setting up transfers from the airport. While on the phone with the rep, I noticed that my cabin had been changed to cabin 8378!:eek:

While this is "technically" an upgrade, it is not an upgrade that I am pleased about because I selected the original specific cabin based upon the balcony size and its aft location. (I DO NOT have an automatic upgrade request listed in my profile preferences.) Needless to say, I am very disappointed, especially because I was told by the Crown and Anchor rep that my cabin was given to someone else to accommodate a 3 person reservation. I was told the ship is sold out, so there is no other cabin option available ... AND that I could most likely NOT have my original cabin back because there was no place to put the 3 people who are now booked in the cabin I originally booked. :(

Has anyone ever had this type of situation happen to them before?:eek:

I would call every day. Even twice a day. Call RCCL reservations even. I have called one day and been told something. and then the next day got someone else on the phone and everything worked out fine...Doesn't hurt to try. Fight for that cabin. So worth it. And those cabins are available on the website for 2 people. So it has nothing to do with being bumped for a third person. Someone messed up.

I talked to numerous people in Loyalty and Resolutions between Wednesday and Saturday morning. I don't know for sure WHO finally made the change happen, but I suspect it was the email that I sent on Saturday afternoon to Michael Bayley asking for his help that made the difference.

You're probably right! Either way, super happy for you!! :D

Miracles do happen!

Wonderful! I have been hoping to hear this news, I had told my husband and he was asking as well because we always book this cabin. So happy they came through and did the right thing, just sorry you had to go through this at all! Enjoy your cruise!