High Speed Internet: False Advertising

ak1004

I was on the Equinox just over a week ago and found the internet to be the best it has ever been. It was fast and never disconnected like in the past. Kudos to Celebrity for finally giving us a decent internet experience!

Agreed. On Equinox it was easy to use and fast enough for vacation. Was able to do emails, FB, Google Docs with no issues. I do not think it is intended for full streaming or gaming, similar to airlines. That said, I am sure there are peak times it is slow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I'm not confident that the speed tests are that accurate anyway. I don't know what effect the CDN and caching they are using does to the results, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the second person accessing speedtest.net to get a much better result.

I'll have to experience fast Internet at sea on a promo to ever purchase it again. I'm so glad I can just use a wifi connection in port and forget about being connected when at sea.

The CDN is not really an issue at these speeds. The test is designed to defeat caching so that also should not come into play.

Celebrity does have a system where if you are in port they can get local bandwidth. There are so many factors that come into play, ships position, weather, time of day that speeds will run all over the place. Compared to five years ago the average speed is way up. In the past I have seen speeds LOWER then a 56k modem with huge packet loss. I wish the prices were lower, but until the next generation of internet is launched we will need to rely on cruise ship internet.

• 9 months later...