Adventure of the Seas Refurbishment

PSDottie

I am thinking of booking the Adventure for a week in January. I know it is an older ship and have read that it needs repairs. Does anyone know when the refurbishment will take place?

Thx -

The ship is fine! No...it isn't new and sparkling like the newer ships! Yes, the revitalization was not able to be completed due to the hurricane. Most of the cargo containers did not make it to the shipyard in time for completion. Some of the materials that were there already were damaged and not usable. The marine repairs/upgrades were completed. Some areas did get new carpet, reupholstered chairs/paint, new lighting, etc. Most of the items that did not get completed are cosmetic or revenue generating. Some of the best/most efficient/friendliest crew/staff in the fleet. Excellent itineraries. Yes...you will see worn carpet, stained sofas, a few areas that need paint touch up...so if you want a sparkling new ship then it is not for you....if you want a comfortable ship, great service, nice itinerary and can handle the "usual wear and tear of a hotel" (floating or land-based) then you will have a great time.

The ship is fine! No...it isn't new and sparkling like the newer ships! Yes, the revitalization was not able to be completed due to the hurricane. Most of the cargo containers did not make it to the shipyard in time for completion. Some of the materials that were there already were damaged and not usable. The marine repairs/upgrades were completed. Some areas did get new carpet, reupholstered chairs/paint, new lighting, etc. Most of the items that did not get completed are cosmetic or revenue generating. Some of the best/most efficient/friendliest crew/staff in the fleet. Excellent itineraries. Yes...you will see worn carpet, stained sofas, a few areas that need paint touch up...so if you want a sparkling new ship then it is not for you....if you want a comfortable ship, great service, nice itinerary and can handle the "usual wear and tear of a hotel" (floating or land-based) then you will have a great time.

I love your positive attitude!! I get so frustrated with people who are so negative about everything. We've always had amazing service, food, and experiences on the Adventure of the Seas and can't wait to to be back in January, refurbished or not!

Adventure of the seas is definitely an older ship. It is smaller than the new ones. The only thing that we did not like is the entertainment onboard this ship at night. There were lapses of time were there was no music to listen to. The shows were ok. Otherwise the staff in all areas are great. We will be going on Anthem in June because we like the bigger ships with more things to do. One other thing is I never have booked an excursion on board before this was the first time so I thought that we would get back to the ship without any problems. With that said we had to hire a taxi for ten people to get us back to ship because our tour guide never came back for us. Never booking excursions through ship again. The main dining room looked like the chairs and carpet were new. Hope this review helps.

Just got off Adventure on 10 December and we thought she looked great. A lot of carpet replaced and touch-ups here and there. Still waiting for Chops and the new water slides, but that is not why we booked our cruise. The staff was incredible. We would get back on tomorrow, but our backs did need a bit of rest from the rock hard mattress. The itinerary is why we went on her, but she, the crew and staff is why we would go back.

Does anyone know when the new waterslides will be ready?

Last I heard, they estimated January.

Blue slide opened Sat 12/10. Watching people go down it as I type.

Yellow slide is still being modified and is to open "soon".

Edited by skiiergirl

Going forChristmas I have a stateroom on the promenade and I'm scared to death that it's really run down and not very nice what was your experience with the rooms

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our room furnishings are definitely "worn" but other than the furnishings....the room is spotless. Ship is amazingly clean.

I love your positive attitude!! I get so frustrated with people who are so negative about everything. We've always had amazing service, food, and experiences on the Adventure of the Seas and can't wait to to be back in January, refurbished or not!

I agree we were on Adventure for our last cruise in 2015 and it wasn't too bad. Sure it wasn't a new as the Allure/Oasis but it was fine I had no issues at all. Booked for next May looking forward to going back

Which excursion did you do? Did the ship reimburse you for the taxi?

Adventure of the seas is definitely an older ship. It is smaller than the new ones. The only thing that we did not like is the entertainment onboard this ship at night. There were lapses of time were there was no music to listen to. The shows were ok. Otherwise the staff in all areas are great. We will be going on Anthem in June because we like the bigger ships with more things to do. One other thing is I never have booked an excursion on board before this was the first time so I thought that we would get back to the ship without any problems. With that said we had to hire a taxi for ten people to get us back to ship because our tour guide never came back for us. Never booking excursions through ship again. The main dining room looked like the chairs and carpet were new. Hope this review helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no idea how to give you "numbers" but I would call it medium. Not as quick as being on my office network but almost as fast as using my home connection....so I consider it fairly fast.

THANK YOU!! I'm not looking to launch nukes from the pool deck so this sounds perfect ;) I just want to be able to check on my house-sitter and fur babies via webcams without being too afraid of connection failures.

We are really looking forward to the itinerary, but are a bit bummed that there will be no Chops. Someone on FB mentioned that they will be serving Chops food in Giovannis. For those of you who have been on her since dry dock, is that true?

There are only 4 Chops items available....the larger shrimp cocktail, mushroom soup, Chops filet, and Mud pie. They are not "offered"....but "available upon request".

There are only 4 Chops items available....the larger shrimp cocktail, mushroom soup, Chops filet, and Mud pie. They are not "offered"....but "available upon request".

Not sure if it has improved but "upon request" for us meant "if you are demanding almost to the point of being rude" ... our waiter was not happy about having the "secret" items on the menu and did not want to tell us about them.

• 3 weeks later...

According to RCI blog, they have the following "dry dock work" completion program for Adventure:

Available as of November 14, 2016:

Two story mini-golf course

Boleros Latin Lounge

Available as of December 10, 2016:

Dual Racer Water Slides

FlowRider

Splashaway Bay Aqua Park

Coming in Early 2017

Chops Grille

Suite Lounge

Are all of them complete yet?

According to RCI blog, they have the following "dry dock work" completion program for Adventure:

Available as of November 14, 2016:

Two story mini-golf course

Boleros Latin Lounge

Available as of December 10, 2016:

Dual Racer Water Slides

FlowRider

Splashaway Bay Aqua Park

Coming in Early 2017

Chops Grille

Suite Lounge

Are all of them complete yet?

See this link, items marked "New" are complete:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=AD&br=R

I also saw a post that said some slides are open, but I don't know if all of them are open.