Adventure of the Seas Refurbishment

PSDottie

This is what I wrote as part of my Adventure Review in October 2015. The link to the entire review is below in signature area. :cool:

Ship Appearance & Customer Service:

Adventure Of The Seas also seem to get a lot of bad press here on Cruise Critic, bad to the point that people wonder if they are making a mistake to book a cruise on this ship. Some of things people have wrote about, I do not go looking for like carpet needing to be replaced or a little rust on the balcony, etc. As a I walked around the ship as a casual observer not really looking for anything I can say that Adventure of the Seas is in pretty good shape. There was nothing that just jumped out at me that made me say “wow this is bad” and as far as anything else I am not one to sweat the small stuff as I think if you are really looking for something you will find it, not just on a ship but anywhere! I would love to see this ship once upgrades are made after the dry dock.

I received outstanding service anywhere I went on the ship and the customer service desk was helpful anytime I went there for something. We never received any service with attitudes anywhere on board, but received the service with a smile that I have always received.

Ship Appearance – A / Customer Service – A

Edited by bigque

See this link, items marked "New" are complete:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=AD&br=R

I also saw a post that said some slides are open, but I don't know if all of them are open.

The kiddie slides "Splashaway Bay" were completed during drydock. The "larger" slides opened the week of 12/10.

This is what I wrote as part of my Adventure Review in October 2015. The link to the entire review is below in signature area. :cool:

Ship Appearance & Customer Service:

Adventure Of The Seas also seem to get a lot of bad press here on Cruise Critic, bad to the point that people wonder if they are making a mistake to book a cruise on this ship. Some of things people have wrote about, I do not go looking for like carpet needing to be replaced or a little rust on the balcony, etc. As a I walked around the ship as a casual observer not really looking for anything I can say that Adventure of the Seas is in pretty good shape. There was nothing that just jumped out at me that made me say “wow this is bad” and as far as anything else I am not one to sweat the small stuff as I think if you are really looking for something you will find it, not just on a ship but anywhere! I would love to see this ship once upgrades are made after the dry dock.

I received outstanding service anywhere I went on the ship and the customer service desk was helpful anytime I went there for something. We never received any service with attitudes anywhere on board, but received the service with a smile that I have always received.

Ship Appearance – A / Customer Service – A

Totally agree. Very well said!

See this link, items marked "New" are complete:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=AD&br=R

I also saw a post that said some slides are open, but I don't know if all of them are open.

Thank you for the helpful information @clarea! If it has FlowRider, then I'm happy.

But does anyone know how long is the average wait time for the FlowRider during sea-days, on a Voyager Class ship?