Just booked a Cuban cruise...so excited!!

PH8

Will cruisers be allowed to get off the ship on their own or must they book an approved excursion?

You either have to take their excursions or fill out an affidavit that you fall under the approved 12 (?) rules for Cuba travel. I can't get into Royals website at work or I would look up exact wording.

Need a passport, good for 6 months.

You will also be charged for a Cuba visa on your account first day. $75, I think it said.

Of course, I assume this could change depending on politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry if I am being negative but I have been holding on to my emotions & cannot hold on anymore. I understand that everybody has their own opinions but please respect mine.

Coming from a Cuban-American family that had to literally leave Cuba with nothing when the dictator Fidel took office & took (that is correct, just took) all of my families possessions(houses, clothes, jewelry, everything!). I get so mad when individuals want to go to Cuba & give our hard owned money to this government dictatorship. Luckily they were able to come to the USA back then and were able to get their lives back on track & give myself & my brothers a very good life in the U.S.A.).

Also, I just read on MSN.com the other day that the locals in Cuba are having a food shortage now with certain items/staples because all the food is going to the hotels & the tourist areas first. The locals are struggling to find food. Just why we cannot give anything to this dictatorship.

Thank you for letting me rant & please understand that these are my opinions as a son of a Cuban-American family

I am sorry if I am being negative but I have been holding on to my emotions & cannot hold on anymore. I understand that everybody has their own opinions but please respect mine.

Coming from a Cuban-American family that had to literally leave Cuba with nothing when the dictator Fidel took office & took (that is correct, just took) all of my families possessions(houses, clothes, jewelry, everything!). I get so mad when individuals want to go to Cuba & give our hard owned money to this government dictatorship. Luckily they were able to come to the USA back then and were able to get their lives back on track & give myself & my brothers a very good life in the U.S.A.).

Also, I just read on MSN.com the other day that the locals in Cuba are having a food shortage now with certain items/staples because all the food is going to the hotels & the tourist areas first. The locals are struggling to find food. Just why we cannot give anything to this dictatorship.

Thank you for letting me rant & please understand that these are my opinions as a son of a Cuban-American family

I was born in Miami and understand what you are saying. I have so many Cuban born friends who are Americans now as well. Many still have family there.

I agree with you 100%. I tried on a different post but didn't explain it nearly as eloquent as you did.

Many are out of site out of mind and don't understand. We helped celebrate aboard Serenade when Castro passed. We did not celebrate Castro, but his passing. Hopefully when Raul passes, things might get better for the Cuban people.

Edited by troykahack

Nailed it! They do not understand a thing other than Cuba has been off the list of places to go for so long and now they must get there. None of the people has seen the effects or ever fought against communism.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your support & understanding :)

I was born in Miami and understand what you are saying. I have so many Cuban born friends who are Americans now as well. Many still have family there.

I agree with you 100%. I tried on a different post but didn't explain it nearly as eloquent as you did.

Many are out of site out of mind and don't understand. We helped celebrate aboard Serenade when Castro passed. We did not celebrate Castro, but his passing. Hopefully when Raul passes, things might get better for the Cuban people.

Even when Raul passes it will not end. Many other countries has been doing business with and letting their citizens vacation in Cuba for a long time and it has brought nothing to the Cuban citizens. It has only made those that run communist party in Cuba rich.

Edited by mediccruzin

You either have to take their excursions or fill out an affidavit that you fall under the approved 12 (?) rules for Cuba travel. I can't get into Royals website at work or I would look up exact wording.

Need a passport, good for 6 months.

You will also be charged for a Cuba visa on your account first day. $75, I think it said.

Of course, I assume this could change depending on politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I should have looked at Royal's website, but you were kind enough to give me the info.

USAteg,I understand what you are saying. I don't want to enrich the "Castro" regime at all, and will probably pass on cruising there for now. Just wanted to verify that no one will be allowed to wander at will.

I understand your viewpoint completely. I was a teenager in Florida when all of this went down. I had a Spanish teacher who had escaped from Cuba who had lost everything. He had been a lawyer there. We were scared when the USSR, led by Kruschev, threatened us. Just not interested in seeing Cuba until the Castro regime is completely gone.

I have to admit that I am "curious" and do want to see Cuba. I can't claim to know how some of you feel about escaping the dictatorship over there but I really do sympathize with you. Since many years of ignoring and placing trade restrictions on Cuba have not seemed to work for the people there, maybe, just maybe, opening up the borders will allow for better communications and, hopefully, understanding between governments.:rolleyes: At least, that's my hope anyway. I think it's worth a try in order to help the Cuban people in one way or another. If it doesn't work and makes things worse, maybe Trump will build a sea wall.;) Bad pun but couldn't resist.:o My apologies if I have offended anyone, as this was not my intent.

I have to admit that I am "curious" and do want to see Cuba. I can't claim to know how some of you feel about escaping the dictatorship over there but I really do sympathize with you. Since many years of ignoring and placing trade restrictions on Cuba have not seemed to work for the people there, maybe, just maybe, opening up the borders will allow for better communications and, hopefully, understanding between governments.:rolleyes: At least, that's my hope anyway. I think it's worth a try in order to help the Cuban people in one way or another. If it doesn't work and makes things worse, maybe Trump will build a sea wall.;) Bad pun but couldn't resist.:o My apologies if I have offended anyone, as this was not my intent.

Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries trade and do business with Cuba, it has made Cuba change its mind about ending brutal communism. What makes you think the United States opening trade and tourism with Cuba will end the communism there?

Just curious did you book OV's? The rep this morning told me that the system did not yet have the every third day promo in there. The price quoted was $505 but the price showing when you got further into the booking was $711 and the total came to $1620. I would think the total should be more like $1300

That is a problem. We booked an interior, for 5 days we can deal with it. I would rather have an OV, but pricing wasn't right, and I suspect this is going to sell out fast. We can only go the 20th of May, and we're leaving Monday for the 11 day on Serenade. I also suspect prices may go up. So, interior it is!

Canada, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries trade and do business with Cuba, it has made Cuba change its mind about ending brutal communism. What makes you think the United States opening trade and tourism with Cuba will end the communism there?

Again, sorry, I did not know that; however, ending communism is not exactly what I said.:rolleyes: I was unaware of the other countries still doing business with them, so thanks for that information.;)

Immigration laws are different for the Cuban people, it is wet feet, dry feet. After one year they may apply for residency.

We were told we have to do an approved excursion, and visas will be issued on the ship.

I think these are the US Laws. I believe some do break the law by touring on their own as one stated on another thread. They said they rented a car and toured he island???? At least that was my impression.

A people to people tour is you go on a guided tour. I wonder who selects those Cuban guides??? You think those that are repressed get those jobs??

I may have missed this when scrolling through, but are the gradually releasing itineraries? I only see the first 3 but I'm going to Alaska end of May, so can't do one of these first few.

Looking towards the end of summer/early fall.

We are on the Empress and got an OS at 08:00 when we found out early that the itiniraries were out. FYI $8K FOR OS and $3500 for JS (2 people) on May 20th sailing. Selling out quick. They ain't cheap. I'll be making pins if anyone is interested.