YC 2 for 1? Not so fast.

Danbee46

Yesterday we received an email offering 2 for 1 prices for the Divina Yacht Club. However, when I took a close look it appears that MSC engaged in false advertising. For example, the regular price for a YC1 cabin in January 2017 (and for our 3 prior YC cruises) costs about $4100. The advertised 2 for 1 price on other cruises is about $3600. Sure, that's a discount, but it's far from 2 for 1. How disappointing.

Yesterday we received an email offering 2 for 1 prices for the Divina Yacht Club. However, when I took a close look it appears that MSC engaged in false advertising. For example, the regular price for a YC1 cabin in January 2017 (and for our 3 prior YC cruises) costs about $4100. The advertised 2 for 1 price on other cruises is about $3600. Sure, that's a discount, but it's far from 2 for 1. How disappointing.

It's typically based off the "brochure" price for the discount, which you probably didn't pay on prior cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's true, but if the 2 for 1 price is $3600, then they are saying that the regular price for 2 people in a YC1 is $7200. I have never seen that price on their website. While it's true different cruise dates may have different prices, the many that I have looked at on the MSC site have been between $3800 and $4600. To take what may be one of the highest prices for that class and then reduce it by half and call it 2 for 1 is still deceptive advertising in my opinion, especially when there are a ton of Divina YC1 opportunities that you can book without the "special" deal and pay just about the same thing.

Now, we love MSC and have been in the Divina YC three times. We have also booked the Seaside YC for January 2018. It is the best experience at sea. I was just critical of the email offer I received.

In any event, thanks for the responses.

Edited by Danbee46

I've been looking at MSC for several months now, considering a cruise to the Caribbean this summer.

I also signed up for and received an email from them today about their 2 for 1 fare. With their "sale," the price is exactly the same as it was and has been for several months. The cruise I was looking at DOES claim to offer this deal, so it's not a case of the sale not being eligible on one particular cruise.

I have a few hesitations about trying MSC and would love to, but for my first time it would have to be a really awesome deal. I've read a lot of the reviews and while many are very positive, many others make me reluctant to spend my vacation time and money with them.

I've been looking at MSC for several months now, considering a cruise to the Caribbean this summer.

I also signed up for and received an email from them today about their 2 for 1 fare. With their "sale," the price is exactly the same as it was and has been for several months. The cruise I was looking at DOES claim to offer this deal, so it's not a case of the sale not being eligible on one particular cruise.

I have a few hesitations about trying MSC and would love to, but for my first time it would have to be a really awesome deal. I've read a lot of the reviews and while many are very positive, many others make me reluctant to spend my vacation time and money with them.

Not to diminish what you're saying but really ALL the major cruise lines do this (in my opinion, royal Caribbean takes the gold by miles on this one!!). Base your decision on the price itself, not how it's impacted by the sale.

Not to diminish what you're saying but really ALL the major cruise lines do this (in my opinion, royal Caribbean takes the gold by miles on this one!!). Base your decision on the price itself, not how it's impacted by the sale.

That's good advice. I'm not basing my decision on the sale (just commenting on the original post) but I hear that it's VERY crowded, with tons of kids because of their kids sale free promotions.

I've also heard reports of indifferent service. At the same time, I have heard reports of outstanding service… I've heard the food is poor and I've heard the food is great. It feels that I hear more negative reports on MSC than I do on the other cruise boards I visited with the exception of MSC's entertainment. Their entertainment seems to be excellent, based on reports. The MSC yacht club seems to have only glowing reports. Now that's something I would love to try!

After thinking it over, I booked a cruise with Celebrity many months ago. This will be my second cruise with them. Since I'm still able to cancel, I keep my options open and keep browsing the other cruise lines that I was considering. Honestly, the chances of me canceling my Celebrity cruise are very slim, but it never hurts to keep my eyes open. When I saw the two-for-one deal I thought it may bring the yacht club near what I paid for Celeb's aqua class, but it still almost $1000 more when you factor in all the perks that I got.