Best time to buy airfare?

bbnbama

I'm going on a cruise January 14-19th out of Jacksonville, Florida. I have to arrange my airfare myself. When is the best time to buy tickets? Should I go ahead and buy now? I'm afraid if I wait closer to the holidays, tickets might be more expensive.

Thanks for any help you guys can give! I love this place!:D

Don't wait any later than 21 days out from when you are flying. After that fares go up exponentially. I would recommend booking right now if you are comfortable with the fares, because the longer you wait the less options in flights you will have, especially since cruise lines start taking seats at about 60 days out.

Delta currently has $188 pp fares from Birmingham to Jacksonville for your cruise dates. That's a great fare. Going the flight would leave at 6:08am and get you into Jacksonville at 9:49am. Coming there are multiple options, but I would recommend the flight that leaves at 2:00 and arrives in Birmingham at 4:42pm. The fare is from Delta.com.

Don't wait any later than 21 days out from when you are flying. After that fares go up exponentially.

That's really not true at all. It may have been in many cases in the past, but really no longer seems to apply. I've done plenty of booking 14 or even 7 days out wihout paying any more than I would have had I done it 21 days plus in advance.

Archived