Harmony eastern December 10 ... Not quite lice review, but some notes along the way

birdlord

Can help here but not with Starbucks.

Cafe Promenade had no prices or listing of coffee options. They also have no cold coffee or frappes. One size caramel macchiato was $5.00 plus 18%.

The cafe also offers a complimentary danish and coffee area.

To be honest, the area is cramped and the person making the for pay coffee also serves the danish making for slow service and line cutting when folks don't know where to line up for what option.

Poor design on Harmony.

All very accurate. Haven't gotten a seat here yet. And I did look for a menu to take a pic, but nothing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Can help here but not with Starbucks.

Cafe Promenade had no prices or listing of coffee options. They also have no cold coffee or frappes. One size caramel macchiato was $5.00 plus 18%.

The cafe also offers a complimentary danish and coffee area.

To be honest, the area is cramped and the person making the for pay coffee also serves the danish making for slow service and line cutting when folks don't know where to line up for what option.

Poor design on Harmony.

I posted the Starbucks menu look a few posts up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was very noisy on our cruise. The vinyl they used instead of glass was a poor decision trying to cut costs in my opinion. It looks like a homemade back yard greenhouse. The panels are already tearing and are no longer clear

They were replacing turn ones yesterday. They look clear to me but definitely an odd choice in material. Perhaps they thought it would be less heat than glass?

They were replacing turn ones yesterday. They look clear to me but definitely an odd choice in material. Perhaps they thought it would be less heat than glass?

On our cruise they were flapping in the wind and were very noisy. The perforated white areas of the roof are even noisier as they tend to whistle.

I think it was for cost savings more than passenger comfort. That along with the sprinkler leaves where a pool should be is a disappointment. I did enjoy the ship and it was a great cruise but those things in the Solarium are a let down compared to the rest of the ship.

Yeah, not sure why they would cut back in the Solarium. Still, it's nice but not really any cooler than Oasis as some may have felt. Yesterday was so windy, it ironically was the only place for some respite, but then felt too stuffy. It ends up being where we migrate to, however.

So, if there's any doubt that RCCI reads CC, be assured they do. Had a visit by the housekeeping supervisor about my initial post. I don't know how they determined who I was, but perhaps my profile?

They know .... :eek:

So, if there's any doubt that RCCI reads CC, be assured they do. Had a visit by the housekeeping supervisor about my initial post. I don't know how they determined who I was, but perhaps my profile?

When you sign up for the meet and mingle they ask for your screen name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just thought of something else about embarkation. When I printed off our set sail passes, it printed like a booklet, with our names and stateroom info on front and the bar code on the next page, and so on. They kept wanting a "one page" set sail pass and even tried to print one for us (one each) but every single printer was down (no kidding!) But they eventually "stamped" it and let us go. It was kind of a delay and PITA, so make sure you have the one page pass. I didn't know there was more than one way to print it (or maybe it changed after I printed our passes out some time ago).

Good advice. The new set sail pass design needs improvement. It will not print the way it appears on screen and the font used for the onboard expense area is too small. I used my snipping tool to cut and paste a printable picture. Ridiculous

• 1 month later...