Got sick on the Splendor not fun!

dogchopper

Well I just think that regardless of if it was the flu or norovirus doesn't really matter. And I cannot believe people get so nasty about my wanting to let carnival know what happened.

Again I think they didn't follow proper protocol and that to not one mention it to anyone will not allow them to know they are doing something wrong. Or maybe not even 'wrong' but maybe they just need improvement. .

I have another cruise booked with them in May and will continue to book with them but loyalty doesn't mean you cannot suggest improvements if you see the need.

But like usual cruise critic while helpful can also be quite rude to people just wanting simple advice.

Some people say inform them, some say don't waste time time, that is the kind of advice I am looking for and I appreciate that advice from the people who gave it.

Snide remarks are not what someone who is miserable wants or needs to read.

People aren't getting nasty because you want to let them know what happened. I think most are confused about what you expect them to do now. Maybe you tell us what resolution you expect if you call and complain?

People get sick on vacation. Nothing they can do about that. They could clean top to bottom every day and you could still get sick being stuck with 3-4000 people

With the muster, again you can call but what is it you want them to do? The cruise is over so outside of saying thanks for your feedback they can do nothing.

"With the muster, again you can call but what is it you want them to do? The cruise is over so outside of saying thanks for your feedback they can do nothing."

I came away from the muster drill honestly believing that NOT ONE person (or crew member) would've had a clue as to what to do in the event of an actual emergency. The entire thing was pointless. As I mentioned, there were three in our cabin, yet only two lifejackets were available in the closet and those were stored high up on the top shelf.

Edited by Chathamite

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who thought that muster drill was terrible. No words to describe it!!

I never ate at the deli, my husband did though and he got much sicker that I did.

I am working wondering if more of the staff was sick than we realized and that is why everything was in disarray.

We were on the 10th in a spa balcony.

I wonder what reason the person who was taken off the ship by ambulance in Cozumel was for? That delayed our departure for over an hour. They were staying on the 8th deck as well. FWIW, I also overheard one of the stewards saying they were loading up new mattresses in Miami?

Edited by Chathamite

"I'm happy that they treated him but they quarantined him in his room but didn't quarantine me which made no sense..

I got home yesterday and had to work today and it was not plesant because my stomach is still cramping up.

I'm thinking I should call carnival and express my dissatisfaction with what happened but I'm not sure what to do?"

We got treated for free as well, and they asked us to fill out a rather large form regarding our airline and flight number, the hotel we stayed at, etc. We were rushed out the door after being charged $5.00 for a bottle of generic Pepto Bismol. Nobody was quarantined, but I hardly left the room anyway.

Edited by Chathamite

I would think that people of future cruises might benefit from the OP contacting Carnival and letting them know of the issues they witnessed. Some people seem to think that Carnival is either incapable or unwilling to improve when they may be lacking in an area.

Not saying they're there now, but I wonder how bad things would need to get before some people would be willingly to admit Carnival could and should do better.

I would think that people of future cruises might benefit from the OP contacting Carnival and letting them know of the issues they witnessed. Some people seem to think that Carnival is either incapable or unwilling to improve when they may be lacking in an area.

Not saying they're there now, but I wonder how bad things would need to get before some people would be willingly to admit Carnival could and should do better.

Donna, after 8 cruises, I can ascertain that this was probably the worst. I seen a LOT of disappointed faces and heard a lot of complaints about cutbacks and service on this ship. The lineup at Guest Services was unbelievably long the one day I did venture out for a bit. One woman walked away from the Platinum line just shaking her head in disgust. I could tell by the look on her face that whatever her complaint was, she was NOT impressed.

I wonder how bad things would need to get before some people would be willing to admit Carnival could and should do better.

Historically here it seems to take as long as for one of them to get sick on their Carnival vacation. Regarding the poor life boat drill instructions: the ones who manage to survive a disaster will be the first to sue for not knowing where to go or what to do in an emergency. This is as American as apple pie.

I find the complaints about the muster drill amusing. Given the fact that it always occurs after the bars have already been serving drinks for hours and the crowds of people never stop talking...in the event of an actual emergency everyone is pretty much screwed. Do you really think people will walk in an orderly line to the lifeboats?

Sarcasm aside, it's your responsibility to make sure you have enough life jackets. They will provide more if asked for them...and if you are truly confused about how to use one, ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No advice here, just experienced something similar on the Breeze, last month. Thankful I had packed a thermometer and proper meds. Hubby ran about 102*, once- with aches, chills, diarrhea and stomach upset. Nasty stuff. It lasted about 2-3 days, I never got it, thankfully, and since he got sick at the end of cruise- we were able to enjoy our planned excursions, and very glad that he was better for the drive back home. He quarantined himself, and it was rumored that that many got sick on the ship. I'm sure it's common, it happens, it just never happened to us, like that, before. Sinus or cold symptoms, while cruising, yes-every time I think- but Noro symptoms- no. Here's to packing and planning ahead! Funny, I always bring hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, and Lysol- but this last time, it never even occurred to me to USE any of it! I bet I won't forget next time!