Why Carnival can't answer a simple question when you're booked through Travel Agent?

NavyCruiser

Definitely good advice. I think I need another TA. Lesson learned. I should of run when she told I had to monitor prices changes :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I have to say that I disagree. I book using a site that I can't use on here, but it is a site with many agencies. Most of the agencies are large and give OBC. I do NOT expect them to look for price drops for me as that reduces their commissions, just as I do NOT expect my PVP, who gives me nothing, to watch for lower prices for me.

When you shop at Macy's and buy a blouse, do you expect the sales person to tell you there is a sale and your recently purchased blouse is now less? I think too many people feel they don't have to do anything and that's a problem. I check daily to see if my price is lower and if it is, I contact either my PVP or agent.

I don't believe that an agency with a lot of business has the time to look for price drops for clients. If they do, more power to them, but it's time for the one booking to take some responsibility. JMO

I guess I have to say that I disagree. I book using a site that I can't use on here, but it is a site with many agencies. Most of the agencies are large and give OBC. I do NOT expect them to look for price drops for me as that reduces their commissions, just as I do NOT expect my PVP, who gives me nothing, to watch for lower prices for me.

When you shop at Macy's and buy a blouse, do you expect the sales person to tell you there is a sale and your recently purchased blouse is now less? I think too many people feel they don't have to do anything and that's a problem. I check daily to see if my price is lower and if it is, I contact either my PVP or agent.

I don't believe that an agency with a lot of business has the time to look for price drops for clients. If they do, more power to them, but it's time for the one booking to take some responsibility. JMO

I have a cruise book with final payment due Feb. 2018 and I agree , it's on me to watch pricing. Do people really thing Carnival PVP and or TA's will check the booking weekly.

I actually check every few days, you never know when it will change or maybe have a computer glitch.

After 13 cruises with Carnival over the past 15 yrs, we have a simple question of what's the cost/penalty fees if we have to change one person for another in our balcony stateroom.

Can't get a hold of my TA all day, so figured we can call Carnival's 800# to ask the simple question.

Well, not so simple. Spoke to 3 reps, all the way up to Supervisor, all said that they can't give me the "simple" answer since I booked through the TA. It's against Carnival's policy to give me any answers without TA's permission.

Would take One minute to answer, rather 10 minutes to repeat that they can't answer my question.

Never been so frustrated, figured in today's Tech & online world, the TA are virtually gone from airlines, hotels, & other travel agencies. As a customer, calling directly into Carnival, figured they could give me a simple answer without much hassle...

Sorry, but you give up any control of your booking when you do so with a TA. They have to do everything for you.

After 13 cruises with Carnival over the past 15 yrs, we have a simple question of what's the cost/penalty fees if we have to change one person for another in our balcony stateroom.

Can't get a hold of my TA all day, so figured we can call Carnival's 800# to ask the simple question.

Well, not so simple. Spoke to 3 reps, all the way up to Supervisor, all said that they can't give me the "simple" answer since I booked through the TA. It's against Carnival's policy to give me any answers without TA's permission.

Would take One minute to answer, rather 10 minutes to repeat that they can't answer my question.

Never been so frustrated, figured in today's Tech & online world, the TA are virtually gone from airlines, hotels, & other travel agencies. As a customer, calling directly into Carnival, figured they could give me a simple answer without much hassle...

It could very well be a contractual thing. The TA is an agent for the cruise line. They have the sole responsibility for the booking. Carnival removes themselves from that situation. Another good reason to have a Carnival PVP to work thru. I have had an excellent one for a number of years now and have not had any problems. He is always there to answer my inquiries. Always returns my calls timely.

I am extremely new here. Just returned from my first cruise on Friday and it was booked by my Mom's husband and he used a TA. I am hooked and interested in cruising solo again ASAP.

I have a couple questions....

I live 20 mins from Long Beach port and work a flexible (nursing) schedule that I can do last minute cruise. (less than 48 hours) at least to get a couple more under my belt. How can I get a good deal on one of these?

What is a PVP?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Forums mobile app

I am extremely new here. Just returned from my first cruise on Friday and it was booked by my Mom's husband and he used a TA. I am hooked and interested in cruising solo again ASAP.

I have a couple questions....

I live 20 mins from Long Beach port and work a flexible (nursing) schedule that I can do last minute cruise. (less than 48 hours) at least to get a couple more under my belt. How can I get a good deal on one of these?

What is a PVP?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Forums mobile app

PVP = Personal vacation Planner. They do the same type of work that the call center rep's but they are usually more knowledgeable and it gives you someone specifically to reach out to if you have questions or want to book with a person instead of the Carnival website.

As an FYI, as far as I know, Carnival still does not have an single person cabins (unlike NCL) so if you plan to cruise solo, you will pay for 2 people (single person supplement). Best would be to find a nursing buddy to cruise with unless you can afford to pay double for a cruise.